or Connect

Posts by CinnamonDeMarco

Quote: Originally Posted by HelloKitty I think there was a lot of confusion about what you were seeking in this thread. If you are looking for possible solutions to use then I think that's a whole different take on things and you would have received much different responses from the beginning had that been clear. I apologize if my well meaning comments were part of what distracted from what you were after. Here is a portable device you might want...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joannarachel 3. She assumes people are thinking bad of her because of her situation. Other posters rush in to scold us for being 'judgemental'. Um, how rude. I wasn't judging her situation. At all. I don't think anyone else was. Why on earth would you bring a car seat onto a bus? 4. What it boils down to, here in the US and other similar countries, car seat usage is the law, car seats are readily available and...
She is refering to a portable car seat Dragenfly posted. Quote: Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom we had one and i don't think it is that safe. i could never get it tight enough. IMO a seatbelt would work just as good. SHOOT! I knew it was too good to be true. I'm going to search for some on-line reviews of those carseats tonight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonfly Oh, and here is one solution for those who take taxis - a solution for the over 25 lb. set, anyway: https://www.safebeginnings.com/WebCo...&cat=On-the-Go WOW! I never knew about those. I think I'll ask my Mom to buy those for me.
Veggie Mama 4, I meant that people could suggest I leave my children with Dh and go to the supermarket by myself. If you suggest my children go out (besides for walks) once a month, since that is all I can afford, then that makes sense. It isn't always practicle, but I could do that, at this time, if I chose to. Thank God, we haven't had to go to the doctor or anything lately. Quote: Originally Posted by veggiemama4 Hi Rachel, Is it the...
I don't catch taxis from my home. I catch from from the supermarket. I get to the supermarket on a safari. Remeber I have 2 toddlers. Can you imagine holding a 2 year old's hand, carrying a 27 pound toddler plus 2 toddler car seats 4 blocks to a bus stop? Then imagine trying to hold all that on a bus. (safaris are even worse) All that to have car seats for the ride home. I get a free ride to the park every week. I am also getting a ride to the beach next week. ...
Even in the states it is hard for some people to use car seats. It's not just an issue for people who live abroad. The man in who was called irresponsible in the other thread was probably living in the states. Maybe it is very hard for him to use a carseat, just like it is hard for me. There are people who take public transportaion in the states. I used to live in Philadelphia, which has lots of taxis and the 3rd largest public transportation system in the US. Many...
Quote: Originally Posted by RubyWild Oh, you think that we think that all the babies in Sudan, for example, should be in car seats or their parents are negligent? That doesn't make sense to me. I think that people are aware that things are done differently in different cultures, but that the States is rich enough to make sure that everyone has and uses carseats. No one is saying that someone in India should use a year's income to purchase a carseat,...
Quote: Originally Posted by HelloKitty Are you always staying at the same place? Can't you get some car seats for while you visit? There are also rental places that can rent you seats pretty cheap for while you are here. I'm not sure what you are seeking in your post - advice or support for your decision? I can't get behind not using car seats. It's simply not worth the risk to me, accidents happen all the time, I want my kids to be protected...
Please read my post.