or Connect

Posts by dubfam

Don't people always bring presents to a kids birthday party? I can't imagine not bringing a gift just because it was a few months later. My son's birthday is in April and there was one year that we didn't do the kid party until mid June. Everyone still brought presents OP I think you are wise to consider the fact that people will most likely bring gifts unless you specify not too. IME interwebz rules tend not to apply so much in the real world. It is tacky to specify...
We have to pay for water and sewage for the first time in years. We are looking for tips on how to keep it as low as possible. I know you all have great advice, right?? We currently take really short showers and follow the 'if it's yellow, it's mellow...' rule for flushing toilets when we don't have guests.
Quote: Originally Posted by p1gg1e LMAO if you have extra time call them to set up a payment plan on it
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Do you have ANY other options? There has to be a better way. It doesn't sound like your children will be safe if you live with your X. Do you have any other support, like close friends or family? I understand your dilemma but I think you would be doing a terrible disservice to yourself and your children if you go back. Being poor is much better than living with an abuser. Again, I am so so sorry that this is happening to...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeanine123 Because there are still quite a few areas right here in the US with third world like living conditions, namely the inner cities. Is it fair to ignore them simply because most of the country enjoys a first world lifestyle? I can't think of a single place in the US that I would compare to a third world country. Can you elaborate?? I am in agreement with a more localized code. ETA I didn't see your most...
Quote: Originally Posted by April Dawn Actually, they are awesome about replacing broken pump parts or SNS parts free, so I think that's kind of passing savings on to the consumer. A month ago I called them because my Symphony tubing broke and I only had one working side and I couldn't find a store that sold just the tubing without the rest of the pump kit. Not only did they send it to me free, they overnight shipped it! Granted, that's not "passing...
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeysRUs I'm well aware of that. However it would eliminate the need for so many mothers to pump and bottlefeed for work. I am NOT against pumps and bottles. As I said in my post, they serve an important purpose. Obviously there are times when they are essential, and having a preterm baby would be one of them. My only point was that Medela's marketing affects a much wider audience than the moms who use their...
As tough and cruddy as it is, you have got to call!!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Yvaine Undomiel (((((((((((GoodFairy)))))))) Yeah that. I hope you find peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by Talula Fairie There are some things for which natural remedies are helpful. But some serious conditions, like cancer, need the sledgehammer of western medicine. I think ignoring this fact is nothing short of dangerous. : to the OP. I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts. I couldn't agree more. Op, I am so very sorry that you are going through this, but it sounds like you are staying strong