or Connect

Posts by dubfam

What state are you in? Most states have religious exemptions. Some states if you give even jone vax, you have to do them all. If I lived in a state like that, and I wanted to selectively vax I would lie and say my child had no vaxes at all so we could be exempt. But where I live you can selectively vax AND do the exemption.
Am I the only one who sees the ads for the CDC and Vaccinations all over the page???? What the heck????
Quote: Originally Posted by Carley Why are the weather conditions relevant? Apparently warmer weather can raise your blood pressure. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I think that is the theory.
Quote: Originally Posted by djsnjones Sigh. I am sorry that I hurt you with my words. I feel badly that you have misunderstood me. This is one of the popular misconceptions that I'm trying to correct everywhere that I see it, not just here. The Brewer Diet is not just about protein. It's about protein PLUS calories PLUS salt. And by lifestyle I don't mean anything negative. I simply mean that when the weather or workplace or home is...
My baby was born 4 months before older DS turned 5 yrs old. It was a wonderful age spacing for us. Older DS was big enough to help with stuff and he could understand why I couldn't always do things for him right away. They are now 6.5 and almost 2yrs and they are really good buddies. It was a perfect age gap for us. I very clearly remember, though, the first time that the baby needed to nurse AND my older DS wanted me to get him some food. It was really overwhelming...
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc Just a thought from "the other side"-- My DD does this. She is not starved for attention and I am not trying to ignore her. But she is VERY extroverted and LOVES to meet new people. She will ignore ME and my attempts to engage her and seek out other people. Unless I superglue her to my side or constantly struggle with her, she IS going to approach people and talk to them. And I can't see myself making a rule that she...
Quote: Originally Posted by akat I don't understand how the person in the OP knows that that is her carseat in the listing? Couldn't someone else in Sarasota have the same carseat and it's a coincidence? [although this is a great topic and I'm glad to have been made aware of it - we've kept all our carseats so far for the second baby but when it's time I'll be sure to destroy them. I never would have thought of this.] That is exactly what I...
Quote: Originally Posted by chel anyone have/seen a truefit with rebound bar? does that make the seat take up more room? So far that's what I have my eye on, to fit in my 97 honda civic. Just wish it would have more colors, specially since I just found out I'm having a girl! I'm afraid of the WHITE "things" on the straps with the cranberry color. Who would put white on a carseat, especially right beside the face! Because they don't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maedze Having a child under two in a forward facing seat can dangerous, lethally so. I would never recommend or encourage it. Kids tend to get fractious around that age in a seat. They do get over it. My own all recovered around 18 to 20 months (but screamed blue murder for about 6 months there!) I strongly recommend turning the seat facing the rear again. Children do adjust, particularly when their parents let them know...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna At only 2 I would DEFINITELY turn him back rf... There is a radian without wings. -Angela I found a screaming child to be more dangerous (driving distraction) than FFing. We had a goal of 2-3 yrs RFing but things don't always work as planned. I found the true fit online...is it worth the extra $$ for the Signature Series? Also, since we are talking car seats, I am thinking of getting a Recaro Vivo for...