or Connect

Posts by dubfam

Why do car seats have to be so complicated???
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I actually wouldn't get a britax convertible right now... depending on the age and size of the kid and the car I would look at a true fit premier or a radian of some sort. -Angela I think the 'wings' on the Radian would drive DS nuts. He likes to look out the window, and he is a VERY cranky baby in the car (hence the fact that he was forward facing at 13 months)
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I actually wouldn't get a britax convertible right now... depending on the age and size of the kid and the car I would look at a true fit premier or a radian of some sort. -Angela We have a 1994 Subaru Legacy Wagon. We will be upgrading to a newer car within 12 months, but it will still be 2002 or older. The child will be 2 in December.
Quote: Originally Posted by sebandg'smama My dd wore her amber necklace for 2 years until it broke! The pieces of amber are so small that I never considered them a choking hazard. My Son's hasn't broken yet, and he has been wering it 24/7 for over a year and a half. All of the beads have knots in between them.
Thanks for the replies! I ahve heard that the straps are really hard to adjust. The ONLY thing that makes me want the Decathlon instead of the Marathon is the adjustable crotch strap. I think we will go with the Marathon. I have always been happy with it, why switch now?
So we finally got the insurance company to agree to reimburse us for our car seats. Now, I am debating between getting another Marathon, like we had, or the Decathlon. With the Decathlon I know that the crotch strap is adjustable, there is more padding and there is a button to adjust the straps instead of a ratchet. Is everything else the same about these seats? Does the Decathlon install the same way as the Marathon?
Quote: Originally Posted by singin'intherain This is a judgment call based on the kids' personalities and maturity level. To me 8 and 10 doesn't sound too young at all. I would trust mine alone for a couple of hours at a time, at that age. I agree. 8 and 10 sounds plenty old enough. I'll bet it was really exciting for them!
Quote: Originally Posted by Seie Sorry can't do Im utterly and completely in love with him And since he feels the same way about me then.. He hasn't even seen her for three years. In my world that counts as a divorce. (I only left my ex 18 months ago - who would I be to judge him?) We've discussed all this and we both feel that we belong together. This guys is - as good as they get. Promise I didnt know he could do anything from here legally speaking....
Quote: Originally Posted by Seie I give up. Some of you are obviously determined to believe that he must have done something wrong. If you aren't willing to take my word for it that he is not "one of those men" and that I am not "one of those women" I wont waste my time trying to convince you. I would still like constructive inputs. But back off the suspicious attitude please. For the divorce issue then I bet that's all very simple if both agree to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Devaskyla I'd go straight to a convertible. You're going to want one eventually & some babies stop crying if they're in a convertible instead of an infant seat. None of mine, sadly, but I know it works for some. ITA My second DS cried every time we went in the car until I turned him forward. But I never tried anything but the Graco Safeseat until he was 1. Maybe he would have been happier rear facing in a Britax....