or Connect

Posts by dubfam

Quote: Originally Posted by gretelmom I hope this is the forum for this thread... I am trying to send back all of my Siggs (10 of them). They want you to list the sizes but I can't figure out what sizes I have apart from the smallest ones. The site isn't helping much because there's not comparison guide. I think my biggest are 1L but I don't know, maybe 1.5L? Anyone know the sizes of theirs and can tell me how many inches they are? I've tried...
Quote: Originally Posted by fizzymom Ask him via e-mail if the delay in replacing the car seats means he is accepting liability for your kids lives if you are in another accident. I wonder if it would light a fire under his "sit-upon". Good Idea! Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by khaoskat My best advice is to let them know that if they are not willing to fully cover, the replacement value, of your carseats since their driver was 100% at fault, that you will be more than willing to contact your State's Department that regulates insurance as well as seek legal counsel regarding filing for damages and bad faith negotiating. Their driver was at fault, you are entitled to more than, 10% of the cost of...
Quote: Originally Posted by MariesMama Oh hell no! Go up the chain, and keep throwing out that verbiage about a written guarantee on used seats of unknown origin. Insurance companies usually pitch a fit at first, but I've not heard about an agent going this far. Ridiculous. What car insurance company is this?! Bituminous. I have spoken with his supervisor in the past and she seems reasonable. I will be calling her tomorrow morning to see...
Quote: Originally Posted by fizzymom Do not replace them with used, they MUST pay for NEW! Yeah we won't buy used, but he was saying that a used car seat is never worth more than $30. Now he is offering $67 per seat, because he found an expired roundabout (we have a Marathon and a Regent) for $60 on Craigs list. This guy is a real you know what. I am calling his supervisor tomorrow. Any advice is very appreciated. I can't believe how ridiculous...
Thanks for all the replies! I am trying to haggle with them about it. I can't believe they are giving me such a hard time. There should be a law that requires insurance companies to replace the seats. Any advice is really appreciated. So far I have provided printed information from the NHTSA (showing replacement requirements) and Targetdotcom (showing original cost of the seats). I provided links that show it is unsafe to purchase a used car seat. I also provided links...
We are in Oregon, we were rear ended by a dump truck. Both kids were in Britax seats. The other insurance company is now offering me $30 per seat for replacement. ::::::: what the heck? He is telling me that is all a used car seat is worth blah blah blah. Aren't there laws or something that require them to replace my seats? HELP!!
We have 2 children, with a little more than 4.5 years between. We found this to be ideal spacing for our family, because DH and I would get overwhelemd if we had more than 1 'baby'. DS 1 was old enough to be done being the baby, and he could be patient and wait for his needs to be met if the baby needed me. We are really happy with the way it worked out...but I think a lot of it has to do with my kid's personalities. Every family is different of course.
Quote: Originally Posted by signingmamma Um, I don't know why, the hard feelings. Yep, it's annoying when parents do it, I personally like listen to the accomplishments of other kiddos, without exaggeration of course. But seriously, let them do it. Whatever, I don't really care I just let it rest. I "rag" aout my DD achievments, I say what an amazing little person she is, how proud she makes DH and I feel, how mature she is for her age. And all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bug-a-Boo's Mama I agree with this 100%. And if when K was 5m old I had a 4yo in my face, I would have felt the same. As he got older I got much better at talking to other children. Not everyone has an instant kid comfort thing going on. I really want to reiterate this because I want the OP to understand that she did NOTHING WRONG!! OP...It sounds like you were trying so hard and I am really sorry if come of the...