or Connect

Posts by dubfam

Quote: Originally Posted by teale I don't know, I read the OP, and I don't feel like the child was genuinely acknowledged. I know when I am at playgroups, our conversations are often stopped and interrupted to acknowledge the attention that any child needs of us. It doesn't take much to acknowledge them, and send them back to what they were doing, or even redirect them. Honestly, I would wonder where the mom was too, because I know when I my child...
Quote: Originally Posted by moaningminny I do this - not because I'm trying to push them into sizes that they don't need to go up to, but because they are able to get a lot more wear out of the clothes. THAT I can understand. I doubt you brag about what size clothes your lo wears, right? Because my friend puts her kid in clothes that are several sizes too big, and then goes on and on about how he wears the same size clothes as my son, who is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid I said it wasn't her responsibility to entertain her. Getting annoyed (which is the vibe I got from the op) at a child for being a child just seems wrong to me. So a person is never supposed to be irritated/annoyed by children? How many of you have truly NEVER been annoyed by a child?
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkshamrocks You know, I really love to hear parents saying wonderful things about their children... could listen to it all day long, quite honestly. I hear far too many parents saying awful things. Yes. I think that we all enjoy that.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy68 It would depend on the mother whether or not it would bother me. For instance, I knew a mom once at a church I used to attend that acted as if her kids were perfect, could do no wrong, they lived in the perfect big house, perfect neighborhood, had the perfect life. That's how the mother projected herself on the outside at all times. She even went as far as to lie about her five yr old child's shoe size one time and said...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid I'm not a huge kid person. I love my own dearly, but find some others a bit much. However, I wouldn't have ignored a child wanting a story. I will not teach my children to jump because an adult says so. I won't teach them to jump because anyone says so. I will teach my kids to think for themselves and of course, be respectful of those around them. But I see no reason to make my kids believe every adult is...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali I have to agree with this. I think it's kinda funny that you (OP) say you're not a kid person...Yet you're a mom. Why is that funny? Lots of people who have children aren't 'kid people'.
Quote: Originally Posted by lisalou Thank you. I didn't think she was all that rude either but then I didn't get to hear the tone of her voice. It sounded from the OP that the receptionist a lot more than just sit at a front desk answering phones and checking patients in. I don't think there's anything wrong with teaching your child about disappointments in not always getting what they want or that they don't always come first. It's the way life is. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons Where is the receptionist's supposed rudeness? All I see in the OP's posts is: I see no problem with anything the receptionist said or did. And I agree 10000% with this. What on earth did the receptionist do wrong? Those stools are really dangerous, and a huge liability. I would imaging the reason she told them not to play with it is so they wouldn't get hurt. I doubt she was just being mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by savithny A lot of doctors, in my experience, purposely have their nurses and receptionists do the "dirty work," for various reasons, so that they can maintain professionality. For example, when my DS was referred to an eye doc for a possible problem, the doctor came in and chatted and explained what would happen during the appointment - and then explicitly said that the assistants would be the ones to put the drops n DS's...