or Connect

Posts by dubfam

Have you considered encouraging her to take up cheerleading????? It is So.Much.Fun!!! Be sure to start her as early as you can, like NOW. Try outs can be really competitive you know? -Good Luck. HTH
Quote: Originally Posted by savithny Since it is something that makes a noise and might distract other kids, why do you think they might have taught him that to "keep him quiet?" I can see him picking it up from other kids. I can see him even picking it up from the teachers. Confession. I make funny faces at babies in public places when they seem bored and are getting fretful. If I see a mom in the grocery store trying to get through the checkout...
Quote: Originally Posted by sisteeesmama Should life be that hard? No. Is it sometimes? Yep, it is. I mean, like I said, it would be nice if everyone worried about that kind of stuff for our convenience so that we would never be put in the situation of our child being given something we don;t want them to have or could even kill them like a peanut m&m for a child with peanut allergies. But how can you make everyone care? How can you make everyone ask...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommariffic Yeah, I am a little surprised too? I've had folks offer DD lollipops and things and I've always said thank you and just pocketed it. I mean, it was a lollipop not crack you know? I guess my opinion may not be as popular because on occasion we veg out with treats like that. I would have said "they are too young, but thank you so much for thinking of us" or something like that. I wouldn't have been offended or...
Quote: Originally Posted by baglady Throw it away and pretend like it never happened. If she ever asks about it, act like you have no idea what she's talking about. Cross country mail gets lost a lot right? Or you could just send her child some stickers with a nice note to her saying you really don't know many people with kids that age or don't want to send chain mail, etc. That could work if you think it wouldn't offend her. I think the...
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF I wonder if they want K to wait because they don't really need anything? But the letter says they will give us a supply list on the first day of class, so it really sounds like we will be buying stuff. Besides, I can't imagine not having to buy school supplies, where would they come from? Doesn't everyone in public school have to buy supplies?
There is def not a supply list available for K until the first day of class. That is what they told us in a letter they sent us at the beginning of summer. All the other grades got a letter telling them what they need to buy, but for SOME reason they make K wait : Thanks for all of the replies!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by PikkuMyy I'm afraid the future is bleak for the bears. Bears will not think about relactating, which takes planning and long-term goals. ESPECIALLY considering the lack of community support and information available to the Mother Bears who would LIKE to relactate but feel like it isn't 'normal'. Animals can feel/sense peer pressure just like humans can, and if they don't see other Polar bears relactating then they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Poddi Are you sure the school won't order the stuff? We never had to buy anything for the kids' kindergarten class. They each got a big bag of stuff in the first week of class and we just had to write a check for it. I'd confirm about that before stocking up on random supplies. They sent a letter weeks ago telling us to 'hold off on buying school supplies' because they would 'provide a list of what you need to buy'...
Thanks for the responses. I am frustrated because all the other grades get the list ahead of time, except kindy. It just seems weird to me...why do we have to wait?? Anyway, I like the advice about getting the basics. I suppose I could even save the receipts and return anything that isn't on the list if it really added up. And I just realized that my first child is getting ready to start Kindergarten : I am going back to school shopping but I AM THE ONE PAYING...