or Connect

Posts by dubfam

My son is starting K next month. The school will not give us a supply list until the first day of class!! That means we can't take advantage of any 'Back to school' sales, and we will not have much time to shop around for good prices : It is just really frustrating because I feel that we will likely pay 3x as much as we would if we already had the list and could hit multiple sales. Is this typical??
Quote: Originally Posted by JollyGG I have in the past gotten a bit more value due to a major recent repair. But our repair was new engine. So kinda in a different class than the clutch. But what we did was have all our receipts in hand. I looked up the mileage the engine had and how much that would make our vehicle worth and looked up the value of the vehicle at the current mileage. I simply refused to sign anything or do anything until the adjuster...
Quote: Originally Posted by 34me When my car was totalled I called several dealerships (and took names) and asked what my car would sell for if I bought it from them. It was more than KBB. I wound up with about $2000 more than the insurance company was initially offering me. Thanks!! This is the type of info I am looking for. I want to get the replacement/retail value of our car if at all possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by montlake Are the people who hit you fighting medical expenses? I'm not really sure why you are automatically jumping to the "attorney" thought. Attorney's should not be involved in either aspect of your claims unless the other people are trying to fight you. Thanks but we have already determined that we DO need an attorney. What I am trying to find out is what we need to do to ensure we get the highest possible...
Let's be supportive and play nice!! The OP was just looking for help!!
We were rear ended by a commercial Dump truck the other day. We have a 1994 Subaru Legacy wagon that was/is a very dependable car. We JUST (as in less than 2 weeks ago) put a new clutch in, and we did another $1,600 in repairs in mid January. The car still runs and drives fine, but I think the total amount of repair needed will exceed the KBB value and we will and up with a salvage title and a check. I am trying to find out tricks and tips for getting the insurance...
So our neighbors (who my son plays with a lot/backyard borders ours) bought a trampoline today. They see NO problem with letting multiple kids jump at once. I see a HUGE problem with that. My 6 year old son wants to jump at the same time as the other kids, who are all older and bigger than him (youngest is 10) I am sticking by this, even though the neighbors thinks I am being silly. Please can anyone help me out here?? I am not a complete safety freak, but isn't it super...
I am sick of hearing stories like this. In one of the articles I reading about this case the journalist pointed out that no one would have questioned what was in a bottle, and that the dangers from improperly mixed formula are much worse than alcohol in breast milk. ETA Oops I guess that is mentioned in the linked article as well!
Quote: Originally Posted by katiesk Story. Bummer. Why is the focus always on the breastfeeding while intoxicated and not on the parenting a dependent baby while intoxicated? And does LLL really advocate completely sober bf? I mean...I thought their stance was "a drink or two" or something along those lines. Thoughts? Oh and I found this bit especially annoying: Quote: "It is quite unusual for a mother to be breast-feeding her...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennydecki I understand pubic waxing/shaving way more than I understand leg waxing/shaving. 18 *pages* of thread and NO ONE has gotten a pube stuck in their teeth? Really?! I'm pretty sparse so as long as I do a gentle hand-pull before "go time" everything is okay...but if I forget...my poor DH is up sputtering and picking at least a couple times and that really throws off my mojo. I mean, there is a physical REFLEX when...