or Connect

Posts by dubfam

I really need some advice from other parents right now regarding a preschool situation. My ds will be 5 in April and he started PreSchool in Sept after always being at home with Mom or Dad. We put him in school because he is really social and I knew he would like seeing the other kids and playing. I am also at the very end of a pregnancy, so I don;t have a lot of energy for him like I normally do I really wanted to go Montessori or other alt. preschool but we found...
I really need some advice from other parents right now regarding a preschool situation. My ds will be 5 in April and he started PreSchool in Sept after always being at home with Mom or Dad. We put him in school because he is really social and I knew he would like seeing the other kids and playing. I am also at the very end of a pregnancy, so I don;t have a lot of energy for him like I normally do : I really wanted to go Montessori or other alt. preschool but we...
I think that mine took about an hour. I had a very similar story to yours, but my MW's didn't mention the hospital. They didn't make me feel like it was an emergency, but like it was really important that I get the placenta out. I took some sort of tincture (don;t remember what, this was almost 5 years ago) and I had to hand baby off to my Mother while I birthed the placenta in my bath tub. it was the only part of my birth experience that didn't seem totally natural. I...
DS was a week late and I felt like you do by the end. The last day if my pregnancy I was so done with it that I cried, too. Then I went into labor that night! I bet you will go into labor soon...
Quote: Originally Posted by StacyL Heat and water pressure dissipate over longer distances. We ran a New Garden hose up from our basement with our last birth and had no problems. I would also think that if it became a problem you could cut the garden hose to be the appropriate length. I just don't want to hunt down a special aquarium hose when a Garden hose can be purchased anywhere. Also, I can use the garden hose this summer...
Mmmm...New Seasons...I have spent so much $$ at their deli this pregnancy! I just can't help myself. They have the best food and we live about 5 minutes from the New Seasons at 7 corners. God, now I really want some beet salad!!
Okay...here are my 2 things that I haven't seen mentioned yet (maybe they were and I missed it...) I have an Air Mattress with a pump that I can put in the living room with my birth tub. That way, if I suddenly decide I don't want to be in the water anymore then I don't have to go to the bedroom to get to my bed. Also, I can labor on the air mattress without waking my DS if I go into labor in the middle of the night (we co-sleep). Plus an air mattress cleans up much...
Quote: Originally Posted by StacyL Also, you want the shortest hose possible - so a 100' garden hose would not be a good idea, when a 20' aquarium hose will work better. Why does length matter (other than getting in the way?) I have to get a hose (should have already gotten it!) and am trying to decide whether it is worth it to me to get the python.
Quote: Originally Posted by StacyL P.S. I would NOT fill a pool (other than an AquaDoula) prior to labor. They only will retain their heat for about twelve hours, and you do not need to risk infection with using "old" water. My Midwives told me last night at the home visit that the Aqua Doula would be like a warm petri dish for bacteria if we were to fill it several days in advance... Fill your Pool with straight hot water and then add...
: Thinking of you and praying that you have the birth you want.