or Connect

Posts by lily67

Quote: Originally Posted by A&A You sound bi-polar: down-down one day, and then ok or even up-up the next day. You still need help, IMO. Having your up days, and then your down days again, will make your dd even MORE confused. She'll never know what to expect from you. Oh, please. I'm not bi-polar. You don't see me in everyday life. You are just seeing a small slice of me through this thread. I probably have some PPD though.
Oh, wow. I just opened up here and really let you all see my heart, and all I get is, "I'm glad you are feeling better, I'm glad you had this moment, but you still need help." Thanks, thanks a lot for just demeaning what I went through yesterday, like it wasn't very important, just a "moment". How about, "Hey, that's great! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you are working this out." I'm so glad I didn't post under my regular name. Maybe I'll ask the mods to...
Well, I've just had a revelation. I was reading around on the boards and came across a woman with a baby with reflux. I followed the link to her site and read about how she had to put the tube in her baby's throat. She had to wrap up her baby tight in a blanket, pull a little hat down over her eyes, and then the screaming would start... My heart broke. That precious baby, with her eyes covered, not understanding what was going on. That Mom, how brave, how...
Quote: Originally Posted by ToniaStarr woops, forgot to add the more obvious, is she getting enough sleep? Also, try gradually cutting out foods with additives in them. Crap foods I call them. And medicines with dyes too. Stuff like kool aid, sugary pops, candy, froot loops, fruit snacks, tv dinners, etc... She sleeps fine and doesn't eat any of that stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by boston lily67, hey look --having PPD doesn't mean you're "whacked-out." that's a pretty harsh thing to say to dozens of women posting their PPD experiences in support of you, doncha think? yes, depression absolutely can be a problem 3 years post baby. PPD can show up months and months post childbirth, in fact. and left untreated it can last for years. PPD absolutely can be triggered by a traumatic birth, a high needs...
So, it sounds like what a lot of you are saying is that something is wrong with either me or DD or both of us. It's been suggested that I might have PPD, or that DD might have ODD, or a sensory problem, or food allergies, or something else. I don't know if I have PPD. I was not depressed at all after the birth of our second child. It was a great birth, she's a great baby, and I had tons of help. If there is anything I feel sad about, it's this: When my first...
Thank you for your kind responses. First, I have to say that I'm depressed about feeling this way, not that I'm depressed about other things. I have a great marriage, good family, secure finances, comfortable home, etc. My life is wonderful in just about everything except this child of mine. I also have an 8 month old as well, and she's been a dream baby. Slept all night by 3.5 months (without any "sleep training" on my part) and just a happy, joyful child. I guess I...
I am so depressed. I wish my oldest child would just disappear. I so regret having her sometimes. She is rude, mean, a handful, and I'm just so tired of her. She is 3. I just avoid her some days. I mean, I just do what needs to be done to make sure her basic needs are met, and then I go about my business and avoid her. She is fine on her own. She doesn't break things or whatever. But when I'm around her, she gets pushy and obnoxious and hurts me. She's been so...