or Connect

Posts by maryellen

While not a solution on REALLY wet days, I had a piece of wool knitting that I had no intention of finishing and felted it in the washer, cut it down to size and put it in the bottom of Gracie's Robeez....does keep out alot of the cold and dampness...would probably work just as well with several layers of wool felt. This was a last ditch effort to stem yet another shoe tantrum as the Robeez are often the only shoes which she with put on her princess feet....except for a...
Just wondering a few things as Gracie's new doctor is on me about fluoride supplements - I know that there are foods that naturally contain fluoride...but which foods and how much of them do you have to eat to meet the daily fluoride requirement? Is this possible, or not so much? Is there a fluoride supp that is sugar-free, aspertame-free, dye-free......basically crap-free that I can feel good about giving my darling? Thanks for any info.....
So glad to read all these replies - we are in the midst of "I will not go to sleep...no, no, no, no, no way will I go to sleep!!" My little ladybug is 18m and every night we go through a 45 minute endurance test of nursing and crying and cuddling and crying and nursing and crying and cuddling which almost always ends with a ride in the car - thank God she stays asleep to move to crib or bed. I've read the Pantley and we've moved bedtime earlier, try to stick to a...
Well, after three good nights - Gracie-Goo is back to Madam Will Not Sleep. So, I continue in my quest to give her something still and loving in the middle of the night......but, in truth this sucks. Maybe we should all start a chat service - if I'm up and you're up, we should get together and chat. My Mom and I joke about it - she's at the other end of the spectrum and not sleeping through menopause. Someone told me about a sleep book by Robert Gordon (?) - sounds...
Amy - Your Aidan and my Gracie were born on the same day and under the same star......we also have a determined non-sleeper. The newest is that I spend half the night roaming around the house searching for the place and position that will accomodate her sleeping. We seem to be heading for more sleep - Gracie is learning that the nursers go to night-night just like her. This has been an on-going lesson for several months, but may finally be sinking in. I'm also finding...
Just wanted to hear some opinions......Gracie's newest lovely habit is pinching and scratching me while nursing. I have been gently saying "Don't pinch Mommie. It hurts Mommie," for several weeks, have tried a nursing necklace and have even given her a little pinch to let her know what it feels like....all of which is met with laughing and giggling. GRRRRR!! So what do you do??? Both of my breasts are covered with scratches and are black and blue underneath. Is...
I feel so much better about my life at the moment having read this thread. My Gracie - while delightful - is just about enough to make me take up drinking. Part of it is our family situation at the moment (dh has been deployed for 12months), but honestly.... Gracie has decided that sleeping at night is not for her anymore... we are up at least four times a night but often she won't nurse - wants to be held and rocked. We are back to her sleeping across my chest...
tabitha - I'm once again reading your post and hooting away....my MIL told Dh that she _knew_ that he didn't want to live like this anymore and that she would pay his child support if he would divorce me....hmmmm. I could use the extra money lol
Dh and I are sitting here and laughing our asses off reading all of these horror stories.....we are singing the same song with all of you......just to add a little more lunacy to this thread, here are some classics from our life together - please also bear in mind that MIL is and ordained minister..... - Last year on Dh's birthday she told him that she would have rather had an abortion. - Told Dh that she would pay his child support if he divorced me. - That Dh's...
This post is actually for my neighbor (I'm just struggling with baby issues)..Mona has 14yo son and 11yo daughter. And Nathan absolutely cannot walk by or be in the same room with Jami without smacking, or pinching, or pulling hair or punching. It's so weird - in our house I can barely get him to talk - and everywhere else he is so polite and so soft-spoken. Mona talks about him being angry alot and there are also some jealousy issues as Jami is very attached to Mona. ...