or Connect

Posts by haleyelianasmom

I have 3 daughters, but my middle (almost 3.5) has been different from the start. She has always been a huge screamer. As a baby, she would arch her back and sometimes didn't like being held or nursed. She also has always been very small in comparison. She was 15lbs5oz on her first birthday where the other 2 hit that around 4 months (and her birth weight was the same as #1 and 6 oz bigger than #3). She has always been a fighter every step of the way. Diaper changes were...
I could have written that same post, but change a couple details ( my kids are 7 and 2 and I'm pregnant with #3). I try to get her to read and writeon her own, I put the "story of the world" on her iPod (though she rarely listens), I put lots of educational games on the iPad, but I do sometimes find it hard to do 1 on 1 learning time. The most frequent response to asking her to do anything educational is "I'm playing!" I think it's great that she gets so deeply into her...
My kids absolutely love their ponies, but I'm looking for a safer alternative that they might like more. I want something small (so no big stuffed animals). I've seen some cute needle felted alternatives, but they are expensive and the 2 year old can be rough. I'm thinking either wood or sewn felt or even cotton? There were a couple on etsy that seem to be sold out. My only other plan is buy a pattern and make some myself. They don't have to be exact replicas, but...
Thanks so much for your input!  The past 2 days she has been so much better.  If I try to hold her, it turns into a wrestling match and I end up frustrated and possibly injured.  We've nicknamed this kid the hulk because she is teeny but incredibly strong and she uses every muscle in her body.  In fact, that started very early for her.  I remember even by 6 weeks she would push herself out of carriers and try to stand in them and often when upset would only calm down...
My 22 month old has been screaming so much lately. I understand toddlers do that (she is my second child), but she won't accept any comfort other than nursing. If I don't immediately nurse her, she wrestles away from me (or her daddy), kicks screams, runs away, bumps her face into the couch repeatedly, bumps her head into the wall, jumps off the bed, etc. she won't let me cuddle her or sing to her or anything else most of the time. She does nurse quite a bit still and...
just read your post now, then looked at your signature. Lol congrats! I was going to ask if pregnancy was a possibility. How cool
. Nope, not ovulating, but I'm nursing a 19 month old. My mw suspected it might be the weight more than the nursing. It took my 27 months with my first child and then I had a miscarriage in between and it makes me wonder if that was an issue. I don't feel like I'm THAT skinny, but I do tend to lose weight nursing a toddler.
What information is out there regarding vegan diets and fertility, pregnancy, and breastfeeding? Specifically for a mom who already has low body fat and is a low weight? I know you need a certain minimum amount of body fat to be able to make the hormones needed to get and stay pregnant and I keep reading that milk fat specifically is helpful. I also feel like a lot of the vegan info out there talks about losing weight as a benefit, but not if you are trying to gain or...
I haven't had my vitamin D tested in a while, but I'm on a good D3 from lanolin and my levels were great last I tested (using this same supplement).  Good point on the milk fat.  Is it specifically milk fat only or is it having enough dietary fat in general?  I have been taking DHA and flax oil, using coconut oil and olive oil in cooking, coconut milk and chia seeds. So I'm trying to have all my bases covered in consuming enough fat.  It's funny, I never even thought of...
I am a vegetarian, so I feel like I am already doing a lot of carbs. Having been sick a lot lately hasn't helped at all either. But I am taking a lot of DHA and flax oil. Thanks!