or Connect

Posts by haleyelianasmom

We take the kids to Dr. Schening in Elgin.  I need a good family doc for us adults, though.  I tried one from the Ask Dr Sears "Vaccine Friendly Doctors", but I wasn't thrilled with him.  Let me know if you find someone you like!
Basically, it took me 27 months to get my period back after my first child.  I lost a lot of weight breastfeeding and was somewhat underweight when I got pregnant again, but had a miscarriage at almost 10 weeks.  I finally got pg with #2 and she's 1.5 now.  They're 5 years apart.  I really want a couple more kids, but I can't space them all 5 years apart.  My second child doesn't nurse quite as much as my first did and when she was about 14 months I started cramping and...
Nope, they haven't checked for celiac.  When she was a newborn (under 4 months), I was suspicious because she would occasionally have days where she would refuse to nurse for hours and she would be very cranky.  I noticed it seemed to be after I ate pasta or pizza so I went gluten free for a while, but it didn't seem to make a difference (I think I only did it for a couple weeks? Maybe a month?) when I started eating gluten again, she seemed better and had less issues...
She started at 75% and fell steadily.  It took her 13 months to double her birth weight and now, at 18 months, she is less than 2% on the WHO charts.  Her thyroid is fine.  We just got some more blood drawn and will get the results next week some time.   Any ideas?  Should I push for a cystic fibrosis test?  or anything else?   She still nurses regularly and I think she is eating just fine.  Her poop seems normal, too.  She's very active and right on target for...
I just did lemon lentil rice when I had a cold.  I also like miso with udon noodles.  That one sounds good, too.  Thanks for sharing
I watched this movie on netflix the other day and it mostly rehashed all the China Study info, but brought up a few other doctors/researchers who use plant-based whole food diets.  I'm wondering how much this research has been repeated by others.  It was interesting and helped motivate me to get back to a more vegan diet.  Any thoughts?
My older daughter was vegan until 2-3-ish and she had decay that we noticed when she was 2.  I'm wondering just about our low vitamin D levels (we later all were tested and found to be low).  We were really careful about what she ate and brushed her teeth, so we were shocked by the decay.  We did ozone therapy on her teeth and added in D3 supplements from lanolin (rather than fish-sourced) and her teeth seem to be much better, no new spots.  Oh, also K2 on occasion,...
I would love to have some non-computer games for when H is bored, especially ones that work on logic and strategy or ones that use math.  And go ahead and give me ideas for all ages :)  Thank you!   Ones that come to mind are sodoku and chess.  Also, I remember playing a game "24" when I was in Jr high (you had to make a series of numbers somehow make 24).   Oh, and sorry if this has been done before.  I have my 6 year old on my lap begging me for some games to...
A friend of mine does time 4 learning.  Is it worth the price?  Are there any others that would be better or similar?  My daughter is 6 and would be in 1st grade.
I just had this debate on another forum.  Personally, I don't really agree with it.  I guess I feel particularly sensitive to this given the economic times at this moment.  I think there are so many helpful ways we can support new moms and their babies/families that doesn't involve having a set day that everyone has to buy you something off a registry.  I can kind of understand wanting a shower when you are remarried as a chance to do all the normal baby prep things for...