or Connect

Posts by bugg

Thank you all so much for the words of wisdom Yup, she paid me but not very much (since I'm a student) I really have thought about what my next birth will be like after this absolutley crazy one or what will my first c- section be like???? It's all part of this amazing career. So I'm learning as I go, I will be more choosy with clients once I'm certified. I did'nt ever want to be, but it will work out better in the end if the mama and I are truley on the same page. Is...
Thanks for the encouragment! Nope, I haven't done a postpartum yet. This birth was only yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what happened, I felt a good conection with her. Maybe it was the thought of "letting me down" that made her not call me when she went in for the epi. I try to be nuetral about drugs, but I do let every client know the facts about interventions. Is this a bad idea?? After the birth she seemed fine, she said she was glad I was there in the long run, and...
I don't know who else to of "talk" to about this. Feel free to respond or not, I really just need to vent. I had this client a wonderful woman, pregnant for the first time. We met twice before the birth and we talked in depth about what she wanted, pain coping, and just about birth in general. She is a big fan of Birthing From Within, and kept quoting the book and talking about how much she was looking forward to a natural birth. Of course I was excited that we were...
Sheesh, I wish I was in NY! I'm a student doula and hb mama. I've been to a few hospital births and have a homebirth in August.....I can't wait! I totally agree with some of the others- give her a mini interview and if you feel uncomfortable with her now think about how you will feel in the heat of labor! I ask all my clients if they feel comfy and safe around me, if they said no I wouldn't be hurt- I would be thankful for their honesty since those things have a...
Thank heavens!!! If it was true I was going to pack my family up and move to a romote tropical island
This e-mail was sent to me being a liberal democrat- Could these people really exist? I have never heard such ugly thoughts about BF! DEMORATIC CONVENTION MUST BAN BREASTFEEDING NOW: Over 200,000 American citizens have signed a petition urging Congress to declare breastfeeding unlawful. This primitive ritual has and continues to be a violation of babies' civil rights. It's an incestuous relationship with mothers leading to moral decay. Women enjoy an erotic...
I wish I would have known that no matter how much you read,learn,listen, NOTHING can prepare you for this amazing journey called mommyhood. I thought I was super prepared for DS1 because I read a lot...Heeeheehooo what a surprise when I did'nt even know how to change his diaper, (really there was poop everywhere!) So glad I soon let go of all my crazy thoughts and realized all my babes need is loving folks,clean buns,warmth and mama's milk p.s. DS2 and I have been...
hi everyone! i just found this thread and would loovve to post here. DS2 is our september babe born @ home unassisted (by chance, our midwife arrived about 10 mins later) 8lbs 3 oz 21in. He's wonderful and he rolled over yesterday and the day before!! I read a few posts about family being a bother, i totally feel you on that one : it was much worse w/ds1 everyone thought we were out of minds w/ natural birth and attachment parenting. Now they all see how lovely our...
It's amazing and sooo sad to see how many of us were bullied into circ'ing by our partners my love is an amazing man, who totally jumped into natural parenting head first. the one thing he would not see for what it was... circumcision. He made me feel like our boys HAD to be circ'ed, that every man he knew was, that he was, that it was what the boys would want as they got older. I love this man w/ all of my heart but he is so wrong and i regret not fighting harder for...
hola, my ds is 4 months and around 16lbs i do -carrying him in front, legs hangin', support under the buns, rings on my chest near my shoulder he loves it and sleeps very commfy. mine is a ring sling but not a wws- come to abq playgroup and we can find a way for your dd to be happy -oh pm me for directions