or Connect

Posts by erin_brycesmom

Also, it was a waterbirth.
This is a long shot but I am looking for a UC birth video that I saw many years ago (probably 5+ years ago).  The mom feels a tight nuchal cord and somersaults baby out.  Does anyone know the video I'm thinking of?  I'm pretty sure it was on youtube but it could have been another site.
I haven't been able to find any civilian peds on the peninsula that are non-vax friendly.  For this reason, we stick with the military peds on Langley AFB who are completely fine with it.  I'm sorry that's not helpful unless you are military.
Congratulations mama!!!! I was thinking of you and wondering about the incarcerated uterus. I'm glad to hear that your baby is hear and healthy!
It sounds like she needs to scratch for whatever reason, so how about some kind of scratch pad? I hate to say it because it almost sounds like advice for a cat but I always try to think of a way that my child *can* do whatever it is that I don't want him to do. You know....what *can* she scratch? When she seems like she's about to scratch or as soon as she starts scratching, redirect to the designated item(s) that you don't mind her scratching. Maybe something that...
I don't have any supplies to suggest other than what has already been suggested but just had to say that I love the idea of a big brother birth kit - so cute!
Quote: Originally Posted by NSmomtobe I was told I had no choice in this matter and since I was already at the pushing stage, I wasn't in the mood to argue. My son was taken across the room by the NICU team for a few minutes after he was born. I asked during prenatal care whether they could wait to see whether the pitocin shot was necessary before giving it, and I was looked at as if I was suicidal for making such a request. But my doctor (the one who...
Quote: Originally Posted by soso-lynn It seems that invasion here is very much tied in to unneccessary procedures and/or lack of respect. I would also like to point out that even the most respectful, communicative and evidence-based care giving midwife can invade someone's birth. If a woman is labouring and dealing with it all inwardly, in her head or is "in the zone", a simple, loving word of encouragement can draw her out and bring her back to reality....
I had a bit of shadow care both times that I planned a homebirth. I hired and began seeing homebirth MW team from the start of the pregnancy but developed a medical complication that warranted additional care. I ended up losing the baby half way through the pregnancy because of said complication. So the second time, I again hired my HB MW right away but also started shadow care from the start in case the medical issue were to repeat which it did. Had surgery and a...
My homebirth was pretty consistent with my hospital birth. Hospital birth, they came in twice with a handheld doppler during a span of 4 hours. Then about every 15 minutes during pushing. With the homebirth, I only had one check with the doppler shortly after the MW arrived. I began pushing about an hour and half later and pushing lasted just a couple of minutes. I imagine if my pushing had lasted longer, they would have done a check. I'm so freaking thankful that...