or Connect

Posts by alisoninparis

Wow. I logged onto this forum to post about my sleep deprivation and having read this thread, I'm not feeling so bad after all. DS is 8 months old and has never STTN. He is an all night nurser but we had him almost transitioned to his crib (next to our bed), or at least for a chunk in the middle of the night. Then he caught a cold 2 weeks ago and basically went back to square one. The past couple nights he's been using my boob as a pacifier and whining every time I try to...
Thanks, I do have that book but haven't read it since we were struggling to get DD to sleep in her crib a couple years ago. I didn't remember it having advice about all night nursing and wakefulness, but I'll get it out and have another look.
Hello everyone. We co-slept with DD until at around 9 months she moved to her crib in her room. Now we are cosleeping again with 5 mo DS in a co-sleeper next to our bed. Actually, he sleeps in the co-sleeper for naps and the first part of the night, but I can't get him back into it once I get into bed. DS has never slept through the night. He has consistently wakened every 1-3 hours to nurse since birth. For a while he'd sleep in his crib until after I got into bed, but...
Well, mamas, I guess it took me hitting rock bottom yesterday, bawling my eyes out and writing that post to get things to turn around here. Yesterday morning I decided I needed to help DS "remember" how to fall asleep by himself in his bed, which he had been doing well for both naps and nighttime. I'm totally against CIO, but there are times when you're at your wit's end and DS is unhappy too because he can't soothe himself. So I put him in his crib and walked away. He...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momtwice http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html Thanks, I just read that article and it's good to know—but I don't think it applies to me because I nurse DS on demand round the clock. When he first started waking up so much at night I thought it was because he needed to eat more so I'd offer him the boob every time, but soon I figured out that wasn't working because sometimes he'd start nursing and...
Thanks mamas. To ewe-lamb, yes I'm in Paris and would be interested in the info about the next meeting. The gradual rock to lying down transition is a good idea, will try that out too. Thanks! Oh, and no, I don't think he's teething—when I pick him up he falls asleep pretty fast so it doesn't seem like he's in pain. To teachma, I'm sorry to hear your situation is even worse than mine, but I have to say I'm scared that mine could get as bad as yours and/or last so long. DH...
DS has co slept with us from birth which we are happy about. For most of his life so far he's been waking every 2-3 hours to nurse and going back to sleep—no problem (I don't expect him to STTN at this stage). A couple of weeks ago he started waking more and more at night, and for over a week it's been every 30 to 60 minutes. He starts crying and won't calm down until I sit up and cradle him in my arms. Nursing doesn't work unless he's actually hungry. Snuggling next to...
When I was preg with DD we not only didn't know the sex but wouldn't reveal any names we were considering. It drove some people crazy, but most were very understanding. When friends would really try to push me to reveal names, I loved to say "If it's a boy, we like Drakula with a 'k'". That really shut them up! Heehee.
Hi everyone, I guess I belong here too. I had an overmature placenta with DD that was first detected at 6 months due to her small size. They called it IUGR but she was actually born at 5.5 pounds which is just over the cutoff for low birth weight. I was closely monitored, especially in the final weeks, and induced at 38 weeks because she had stopped growing. We went through a lot of heartache and stress but in the end she came out OK. The doctors were unable to tell me...
Hang in there. Nothing is more wonderful than giving birth to a healthy baby... and then finding out the sex with your own eyes.