or Connect

Posts by alisoninparis

Of course I Googled!!! Did that all morning. Hard to find reliable info, but mostly found that dropping temps can indicate impending m/c, not what I wanted to hear.... But it didn't say dropping by how much, or whether or not it's "normal" to have a few lower days after a high post-BFP week of temps.
This a.m. my temp went down for the 3rd consecutive day, about 1/10 per day. It's still above coverline, but the lowest since my BFP (I'm now about 23 dpo). My beta @ 20 dpo was 3480, but progesterone wasn't checked. Today my boobs/nipples are not longer sore and tender, so I'm starting to freak out. Part of me wants to temp again tomorrow morning to see if it goes back up. But if it goes down again, what can I do about it? My gyno will lecture me if I call up to say I'm...
I stopped this morning and now I almost regret it. Having high temps these past few days was reassuring. However I generally think it's too stressful to temp after a BFP and should be avoided.... Positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!
Let me just add that DD's hair isn't even long enough for a barrette! I've been waiting until I can at least use a barrette to help people not call her a boy, but that won't be any time soon.
Thanks, haw-k, for sharing your story. I'm glad to hear you and your daughter now have thick hair!
I'm just wondering if any other mamas have the same thing to report for their little ones. My daughter will be 3 in January and she still has very very short, thin hair—much less than some newborns, about 1 inch long all around. People constantly think she's a boy, or ask me (in horror) why I have cut her hair. She always asks me why she can't have a ponytail like her friends, and I have to just make up something to make her feel better. I have never seen any other...
Thanks for the thoughts, mamas. Some days are easier than others. I just hope I'll still be fertile when I'm finally ready (if ever) for a second kid. I'm going to go check out the Daily Groove right now!
Some days I just cry by myself thinking I won't survive the next 1.5 years until my child becomes easier to deal with. Everything is hard. She's really going through such a tough phase, which I know is normal, but it just wears me down. DH and I always said we wanted 2 kids, but I'm already 35, and we are both having second thoughts about #2 since we feel we could NOT handle a new baby with DD taking up 110% of our energy. Any suggestions on how to handle the...
Merry Mary, your suggestion is a good one, but unfortunately our DD is totally unable to fall asleep on our bed. Surprising, since she co-slept for her first year, but if I lay her down in my bed or any bed that's not her crib, she gets all excited about playing "sleep". She puts her head on the pillow, pulls up the blanket, closes her eyes... then jumps up and laughs and goes to get a doll to put the doll to sleep. Or if I lie down with her, she loves to jump all over me...
LuckyMomma, your DD doesn't sleep in a crib? How do you do that? If I put mine in a regular bed she would just get up! I have no idea how we will make the transition if things stay the way they are...