or Connect

Posts by alisoninparis

Thanks for your reply, and I do know it's not good to give a bottle in bed but we honestly have not figured out how to do it otherwise. We seriously have been through hell in terms of DD's sleeping problems. I was convinced that co-sleeping would prevent all these kinds of headaches and frankly am very disappointed that it didn't. Not to mention I now get all kinds of comments from friends about how we should never have co-slept because it caused this! I do have a...
DD is 26 months old and has always been a reluctant napper. She co-slept until around a year old and never liked her crib but got used to it for nighttime. However, naps were another thing. Until it became dangerous I used a baby hammock. Then I'd put her in the stroller in her room and rock her to sleep. Then she got to the point where she refused to get in the stroller inside the apartment. So I got into the bad habit of taking her for 2-hour walks every day just so...
Wow, it sounds like your DD is a lot more self-sufficient than mine. DD is just learning how to spoon feed herself but still gets most of it on the bib. I've tried leaving her a plate of finger food so that she can graze while she plays, but she either ignores it or plays with the food, hides pieces in the couch, smears it on the floor, etc. I can't even let her have a bottle of water on her own because one of her favorite things to do is sprinkle the water on the floor...
Thanks for all the ideas, mamas. Yes, she is gaining weight fine—she's thin but normal. I'm not really worried that she will become underweight, but more that she will be malnourished. Another problem is the night waking from hunger. We just can't handle having to wake up at 2 a.m. to give her milk anymore (and who can say no to a hungry baby in the middle night?) I will check out The Sneaky Chef and try to be even more relaxed about it. I *know* I shouldn't be...
I'm tired of telling myself it's "normal" or "it will pass." DD is 26 months old and has been a terrible eater ever since we introduced solids when she was 6 months old. Prior to that she was EBF and I continued to BF until she was 14 months, with a very gradual weaning that she never protested. She'll eat most fruits willfully, both fresh and dried, and is OK with eggs, milk, yoghurt, and cheese. But with meat and veggies it's hell, just hell. She still won't eat anything...
I don't have any magical words of advice for you, but I just wanted to say I'm in very much the same situation, except my DD is 26 months old. I was never a kid/baby person but, like you, I got really into it and loved being pregnant and having a young baby. It all felt natural and wonderful, even despite the usual night wakings and whatnot. Then during her 2nd year she started to develop her strong personality and I began to feel like I was losing control over her. Now...
My DD is a pretty heavy wetter and as the months go by, every AIO that has ever worked for us has let us down. And every new one we try doesn't hold up. The only thing that works with AIOs is adding doublers, which kind of defeats the purpose of the all-in-one concept. However, we did recently try the Imse Vimse AIO which has gussets and have not had a leak yet. The gussets really make a difference, and as far as I know they are the only AIO that has them.
We went through this too, from about 6 months. She just fought and resisted during every change, making even putting on a velcro AIO impossible! But around a year or so, she kind of calmed down and became more reasonable on the changing table, so we could start doing PFs again. Keep hope alive.
Agreed, they are not 100% green, but still better than regular sposies!
The only time we had ammonia stink was after using Charlie's for a few weeks and then starting to wash on warm instead of hot (because of our BG diapers that can't be washed on hot). Apparently others have had stinkies after using Charlie's too, but I think it also had something to do with washing on warm. Anyway, I switched back to my regular grocery store detergent and did a couple loads with dishwashing detergent, and no more probs. We still wash on warm but no more...