or Connect

Posts by alisoninparis

I love our Happy Tushies Wonderbag.
Your posts really have helped me accept our situation and realize that we are doing the right thing, even though it's not easy. Kim, thanks for sharing about how co-sleeping helped your family through difficult times. We are doing better now but DD's night wakefulness is posing a problem, especially for DH. I decided to start a new thread about it, so please have a look if you have the time: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=6608627
We recently went back to co-sleeping after 2 weeks of trying to get 9.5 month-old DD night weaned and sleeping in her hammock instead with us (thanks to all those on this board who offered their support and advice while we were going through hell!) Even though DH is less than thrilled about her coming back into our bed—not because he doesn't like sleeping with her, which he does, but because he saw it as a step backward and worries that she'll be sleeping with us...
Hi again everyone! I just wanted to say thanks again for all your hugs 'n' support. We're back to co-sleeping and night nursing for the time being. It just so happens that for the past few days DD has been sick with a cold and cough so it's good timing for all this because she really needs the night nursing and extra comfort and snuggles right now. Luckily DH is being cool about it. Our sex life is nonexistent and I think DH has accepted that it will remain so for the...
To those who were concerned: I don't think my not feeling well is related to the fact that we've gone back to co-sleeping and night nursing. DD only nurses about once during the night so it's not a big change. DD has a cold and last night I was really glad to have her in bed with us because when she awoke at 1 a.m. because her nose was plugged and she couldn't sleep because of it, I noticed right away that she felt warm. Took her temp and she had a slight fever (the...
Thanks again to all those who have chimed in. Your words of advice are really helpful to me. I'm sorry that I was MIA for 2 days. Here's what happened: DH and I had a long talk Monday night after I showed him the replies on this thread. He finally relented and accepted to let DD back in our bed. I nursed her at midnight and she slept until 4:30 a.m. when she awoke screaming and wouldn't calm down until DH took her on his side of the bed since I didn't want to nurse her...
Wow, mamas, I am just amazed at the outpouring of support and advice! Thanks to each and every one of you. I've read all the posts and taken everything to heart. I just cut and pasted a bunch of your comments to show to DH (he wouldn't have the patience to read the whole thread!) We've been having a lot of "discussions" today and we both expressed a lot of angry feelings we've been having and things feel... lighter somehow. We got a lot of things off our chests. My comment...
Thanks, Voltige, if it were up to me I'd have her back in bed with me and nursing at night. But the problem is DH. He's really starting to think we never should have co-slept. He insists that DD be night weaned and doesn't want her sleeping in our room anymore. If I even suggest we go back to co-sleeping and night nursing, he'll get upset. After all, these past 2 weeks HE has been the one getting up with her at night and losing even more sleep than me, in the hopes that if...
DD is 9.5 months old, still breastfed, and I am an attached mom. We have been doing everything "right" since she was born—co-sleeping, never letting her cry, breastfeeding on demand, lots of love all the time, lots of babywearing, etc. But DD hates sleeping and things have been getting steadily worse over the last few months, to the point that if this keeps going on, DH and I are going to have to get a divorce. The stress and lack of sleep is so bad that were are both...
Hey I'm glad I saw this thread because I just started using Charlie's power for my dipe loads but started having ammonia pee stink problems. The problem is that I live in France and we don't have Dawn here! What is it about Dawn that is specifically good for dipes? I would like to find a substitute. Thanks!