or Connect

Posts by pina la nina

SoHappy - your garden sounds so beautiful - maybe you can post a picture online when its done and we can all enjoy. I think I'll try to put a picture up once things get really going - although I should take a one now with the bulbs up. We have this nice chunk of wild suburbia here - woods edging the property. It must have been the community junkyard when we moved in because I hauled so much cr@p out of it - a TV set even, it was awful. I've been trying to beat back...
Gosh, I'm not sure. I do know I saw Star Wars and loved it! When did that come out?
All the bulbs (that survived the squirrels) are up and gorgeous, it is truly spring! But I'm wondering why so many of the daffodils aren't blooming, the greens look thin too. The bulbs were only planted 2 years ago and most bloomed well last year. Could some be too shallow, the ph be off, or just need fertilizing? they aren't very crowded at all, so thats not it.
Your photos worked and are lovely! Tell us more!
Maribel - we are the same day! Nov 3 for me too - the best day of the year!
Oh Lisamarie - my heart goes out to you and your sweet little boy. I'm thinking of my own dh right now - because he could have been your little boy having that conversation with his mom 30 years ago. But she never told him - his dad just wasn't there, (dh was 2 when heis dad committed suicide) and he didn't find out until he got a copy of the death certificate for the financial aid office at college. His whole world just fell apart - can you imagine never knowing and...
Ahhhh good question. Having travelled a bit, to places where the US is not necessarily adored, I've had the experience of wishing I could say I was Canadian or something - but I never have. I've not exactly burst with pride over being from the States (and I've learned not to call myself American - when speaking of my nationality - I know there are 2 continents full of Americans!) But there are some very wonderful things about the US, which are probably not unique...
Yea! I am not alone in loving these movies. They are sad - but somehow not heartbreaking - just sad enough. I think they are so puzzling and deep. Very beautiful. Here are some questions for discussion - What did Huma represent? (She was there from the beginning - her painting on the wall - larger than life. And she has the last word at the end, but she was very mysterious to me. ) Is the son Esteban telling the story, even once he has died? Or does he...
Ahem! Ahem! Simmer down class or I'll have to rap some knuckles here! I am offended by all this offensitivity! (as Opus once said - remember him?) I'm more offended that nobody liked my joke Jenmom - I totally disagree - I think the Texan joke was not really funny because I didn't get it, because I'm not a Texan. I think jokes are funny because they are about ourselves, some seed of truth we recognize in ourselves. To stick with the Simpsons - Bart used...