or Connect

Posts by pina la nina

As you can gather from my post our porcelain is worn totally down to the absorbant inner layer - the shiny coat is looong gone. So it seems like every week the kitchen sink is stained with everything from coffee/tea to rust to just funk from veggies, etc. The tub is mostly rust but also dirty footprints and grease stains from dirty bike lube/oil changes on the car, whatever dh has been getting into and trying to shower off. It sounds grosser than it is, but I have to...
It smells like spring is in the air! But I'm afraid to trust it. I've never planted yet this early (in NY) - what do you think? Is it here to stay - or do we have another cold snap waiting to come through?
I bought a plastic bag of it over a year ago to nibble when morning sick (it helped a lot!) its still soft and its just in the pantry in its original bag. I imagine for cooking that if it gets hard just soak it before baking and it'll be fine. Wonderful stuff!
So, what do you do when the "natural" solution doesn't cut it? Do you just accept things as they are, or do you break down and use the bad stuff? When we moved into our house, I just assumed that the stains on our white porcelain sinks & tub were there to stay. After all, I'd scrubbed and scrubbed with bon ami and baking soda, various other commercial natural scrubs - ....and then we hired someone to come & clean. Lo and behold, our sinks glistened, they were...
OK In college I had a roommate who was really beautiful and cool. The school was pretty racially segregated into various cliques, although there's some of just about everybody around. My roommmate was black and we used to have parties with all these folks from the islands and I always felt very included, except that it nagged me that around campus she always blew me off. I wondered if she just didn't want people to know she knew me - it really seemed weird. I used to...
Oh my, how many times have I heard that? Apparently I am some kind of every-woman (everybody sing now!) I've been mistaken for Asian, Mexican, told I remind almost everybody of somebody - often their mother (told this by at least 2 African Americans!) So what do I look like? Well, I'm 5'2" blessed with clear tan skin, straight brown hair (going grey underneath) and a compact strong body that is on the sturdy side. I smile a lot. I'm a Scorpio.... Anybody else feel...
Absolutely beautiful - midwife & RN (& dh & my mom) assisted hospital birth. In a beautiful private room, the midwife forbid anyone coming in so it was just the 5 of us (+baby!) the whole way. Really magical experience.
Over on the breastfeeding forum we were discussing this awhile back in reference to bottles for expressed milk storage. I did some research which is sort of applicable here, though I'm not sure what types of plastic are in sippy cups. This is copied from what I wrote on that other thread: From what I can glean - there are 2 different sources of worry about plastic baby products (PVC is really bad too but mostly its not in teethers or bottles - Avent's are...
Sounds like good stuff for everybody, moms included! One friend said to me "Kids need sane moms." Sums it up for me.
Thanks piepie, all is well, I'm not seething today, and I love "activism" - it all make me think and clarify and try to understand things outside my usual world. Laralou - I was so glad you posted because I thought it was just me feeling criticized, I think its good that we give folks something to think about. Its sort of like "well if you think that X behavior isn't right, then you are talking about me!" I think we all need to have our assumptions challenged,...