or Connect

Posts by joeymama

my 4 year old keeps walking around "itching" himself. he and his brother are both intact. when In ask him why he keeps grabbing himself (I am not uncomfortable with him grabbing just concerned) he tells me his penis itches. I have been having him wash himself in the bath, and when he pulls his foreskin back his penis is really red. (He retracted it naturally on his own) I am concerned about taking him to the doctor about it without finding out as much info as I can...
She has a potty on the floor, it is a very small potty chair that she can sit on herself, we also have the padded insert for the big potty
I feel sorry for them, because they will most likely be a family the chooses to formula feed if they have children, She will never experience the amazing feeling of breastfeeding her child, she will never have the same closeness that you and your child share and she will never have the confidence in her body that you do, Your body has nourished that baby inside and outside of the womb, you are an amazing goddess good job mama! I am tandem nursing toddlers sometimes...
Ok so my daughter is 16 mos old, I don't really know if this falls under EC or what but here goes. SHE has been showing interest in using the potty, screams when I try to diaper her and makes water 90 % of the time ,so i have retired the cloth diapers. This is my 3rd child my ds1 was done with diapers at 19 mos, ds2 was done at 16 mos (nighttime too!!) the whole process took about 1 month each. But my little girl will not poop in the potty, she goes and sits down...
Thanks for the support. I am finally home I was on the road for a total of 3 weeks. AHHHHHHHHHHH! It was a very emotional trip. I was hoping to show my brother and his wife how great attachment parenting was and I think that this experience only helped to reinforce to them that the totally unattached way they parent is the better way. In fact at one point my 13 month old nephew was crying so my brother sat him down on the floor and went outside pushing him away from...
So I am on my first solo road trip with my 3 children ages 3,2, & 1. I am visiting my mom, and my brother is here with his wife and 13 mo baby. I am the odd one they call me crunchy, because I BF and feed my kids organic foods, yes I even give them vegis!!! I don't hit my kids, or belittle them, so far my car has broken down I have had to replace 2 of my tires my brakes all around and my power steering line. all ads up to about $1000. and has left me carless and...
Your MIL probably feels threatened by the way you do things, as I am guessing that she raised her children much differently than you. Maybe she thinks that you are putting her down just simply by the way you love and care for your daughter. MAbye she wished she had breastfed, or had wanted to co sleep but was told by her peers or family, or spouse that it was wrong. I Would say that distance is what is needed now, but along with understanding for the pain she must be...
Ive been there twice too. 22mos btn ds#1 & DS#2 and 10.5 mos btn Ds#2 and dd#1 . during the birth of DS#2 DS#1 was there, we did ALOT of preparation for him we watched movies with women giving birth naturally we really tried to find ones that had siblings present, there were some books made to prepare siblings for the birth process, most were aimed at older children but we took from them what worked for us, I also tandem nursed , and at one point tri-tandem nursed,, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack I have to say, I'm shocked at how many people don't routinely check their children's heads for lice. Almost every single parent I know over here wetcombs at least once a week- we do the boys every two days now, Skye every single day. By breaking their legs, it eliminates the possibility of the little blighters breeding. It's not a perfect solution, but prevention is way better than cure. OP, given that your child's...
I dont know if anyone is reading this thread but today is the 15th now 10 days late and counting............ totally embracing the idea of 4 babies under 4 sounds grezat fruntastizk