or Connect

Posts by Mali

I agree with Carrin about the blogs. i just recently started sending our site to various WAHM/small business blogs and have gotten a bunch of interviews/features up really fast. Its a pretty easy way to get a new name out and reach an already built in audience. I'm also trying to get into a routine of writing regularly on own blog. This summer is my big marketing/promotional time so I'd also love to hear suggestions of things you all have had luck with.
I've been cloth diapering for 2 children now but have never actually bought my ow new chinese prefolds until now! I just received them as inerts for our fuzzi bunz and am trying to figure out the most efficient/economical way to get the chemicals out. Most of the sites say about 5 washes in hot water. I saw somewhere online that some people haev boiled them on the stove as well. Does this work, do you need to do it more than once? I rarely use hot water washes and the...
Our daughter isa few months shy of 4 and can write her name and is very interested in practicing her letters. We have several handwriting books that she loves to practice in. We have the same type of books in Thai and she now likes to try to copy the letters in those as well. She is still learning the Thai alphabet with DH but the interest is there so I think with some consistency she will get it. I agree that exposure is the most important. I notice a huge change in...
I see a homeopathic doctor and she is having me do this diet along with several other treatments. Does anyone else follow this or have you ever? She lent me one book from her clinic with info and recipes and I've just ordered a few others from the library. I'd love any suggestions for reading and also any good ideas for recipes. It is actually fairly similar to te way we usually eat but the little things are tripping me up so I am really needing to follow recipes until...
DD #1 co slept until she was 2. We moved into a new apartment a months after her 2nd b-day and there was actually a bedroom for her so we put her in in a futon mattress for a couple of weeks before we got her big girl bed (my bed from high school!) She transitioned really well, she wasn't nursing anymore so that probably made it easier. DH or I would stay with her until she fell asleep at night until she was about 2 1/2. DD #2 is still cosleeping but she is only about...
Personally, I think it is more about the company than the country. If something is made in China and coming here through a reliable source that is supporting the local economy and treating those Chinese workers fairly than I am fine with it. I tend to buy stuff from smaller companies whose beliefs I am familiar with than the huge corporations. I try to support local economies, both in my hometown and elsewhere. People need to be work in every country and I'd like to see...
Welcome to the gang! I also received a Mothering subscription from my mom when DD #1 was born. We were living in Thailand at the time and I didn't have a lot of resources as a parent. My mom would send out the magazine and I would pour over it and reread it for days everytime. I quickly becam addicted to MDC and have learned so much over the years. I grew up in Auburn and we now live in Portland.
I see its been awhile since this thread was started but I just came across it now and am quite excited! I'm American and my husband is Thai. I lived in Thailand for 4 years which is when I met him and we were married and had our first daughter in Bangkok. We moved to the US when DD #1 was 1 1/2 and have been here for a little over 2 years. We had DD#2 about a year ago. We were back in Thailand for about 2 months over the winter and it was the first time since we moved...
Wow, it was good to come upon this thread. My husband rarely speaks Thai to our girls and I am always harping on him to speak with them more while they are young. DD #1 lived in Thailand until she was 1 1/2 but has forgotten most of it. We were back in Thailand for 2 months over the winter staying with my in-laws there who speak no English and it was really hard as they couldn't really communicate with DD #1. The visit has helped a little with DH using more Thai at...
My situation is not exactly the same as my girls' dad is here with us but he works very long hours during the week and I am constantly trying to integrate their Thai culture/heritage into life here. I am constantly on the hunt for anything Thai, I have found some good books from the library and do a lot if interlibrary loan for kids books of Thai folk stories or on Thai holidays. I agree about seeking out places for your kids that are culturally diverse so they are...