or Connect

Posts by Mali

Okay, I know less than nothing about the whole blog world except that they are very popular and that I need to get mine set up! I signed up for one at blogger for my site but don't know to do now to get it customized and ready to go. Do I need to have someone do it for me or is it easy enough to set up on my own. Is there a good site that walks you through it and in really simple terms. I always think of myself as a fairly intelligent person until I try to do anything...
What have you guys done for the minimum number for wholesale orders? How did you figure out what makes sense? I finally got the wholesale prices down which was a huge relief becsause I had been grappling with it forever. So I now have two local stores that want to place wholesale orders but I'm curious what others give as the minimum for the wholesale price and how you came up with that number.
We decided to delay vax with dd#2 and use an alternative schedule to space the shots out. We started when she was about 7 mos. Then winter hit and between colds and teething issues we ended up more delayed b/t shots. i felt fine about this (I think I actually was happy when I had an excuse to call and delay each app't as I have yet to come to a conclusive decision on my vax stance). We haven't had a shot for at least 6-8 weeks and are leaving next week for a 5 week...
Oh, I definitely agree with not just swapping for the sake of swapping and most definitely don't want to draw people to competition. I was thinking more along the lines of sites with a similar business philosophy (ie fair trade, local economies etc) and in the ame range of goods (kids, family etc) but different aspect of the market. For example, we make kids clothes and handmade cloth toys/decor so linking with a site that sells diapers, slings, kids shoes etc. You get...
I have only just begun getting some products in local stores but I've just brought in samples with some of our postcards/business cards/flyers etc and a list made up for the particular store with wholesale prices and details on manufacturing time etc. I have either gone in ahead of time or called to make an appointment first so I know they are ready to give me a little time. I tell our bit about the company and why we are unique/great and then let the products speak for...
I know that linking is a good easy way to increase site traffic, search engine listing etc. How picky are you guys about who you link with and does everyone just have a links page on their site? Are there other ways to do this? There are so many wahms out there but obviously I don't know most of them nor do I have personal experience with their products. How do you pick your links? Do you prefer linking to sites that are more like malls or directories or do you have...
Thanks, synthea. That is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! I just signed up and actually saw several people/businesses I know there. Also found a good possibility to wholesale our clothes locally! Any other suggestions welcome!
Anyone care to share your top advertising spots? I'm working on putting together our plan for a spring promotion and researching places to put ads. This is exclusing local stuff, I'm looking more for experiences with things like websites, blogs, wahm advertising places etc. Thanks.
I got a 4k loan that was mostly for inventory and it was pretty easy to do. I went through out local CEI (coastal enterprises inc) which I believe is associated with the SBA. Our office has a counselor who works specifically with women starting businesses so she helped me put together a business plan get all the paperwork in order. It was a fairly basic plan for that small a loan though I did still have to do a 3 year cash flow projection which was the hardest for my...
A belated thank you for the suggestions. I tried figuring out what not to eat on my own but alas it is far too complicated for my frazzled mama mind! I now see that if I am actually going to do this for my health and my family I need lotsa books and websites and recipes and planning (my downfall!). So I'm going to check out these recommendations and try to really go GF for the new year.