or Connect

Posts by lavender

We love Raffi, too, and have several of his cds!!! I have to second Pete Seeger, Garcia/Grisman (Not forKids Only), and Buckwheat Zydeco as well. Besides that... Green Chili Jam Band (Starfishing, Coconut Moon, and Magic Bike are their three albums--we have them all and they are well-loved) Priscilla Herdman (we have Daydreamer, Moondreamer and Stardreamer--all great! Daydreamer is the best for play, the other two are good for winding down gradually) John...
I had to vote "other" because I have grown just as much from having known my dh as I have from having our children. He is an amazing guy and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. You definitely got me thinking there!!
This has been an issue of debate in our household lately as our longtime friend, babysitter, and "auntie" to our children questioned our habit of brushing our kids' teeth before flossing (we use fluoride rinse as the finale). Seems her dentist recommends flossing first, as you would then brush away whatever you flossed out. Wouldn't fluoride rinse wash it away as well? Yes, I'm the one whose ds had seven fillings at age 5, so you can see why this is so important to...
I love that there are two quotes from John!!! He's so quotable, isn't he? I almost used that one when I came across the one I decided on. The space monitoring device is just a...well, I guess I don't know the word for it! He just gave us this little tool with the hook on one end, like the hygienist uses for scraping off plaque, and on the other end is another metal poky-thing (so technical, I know) that's straight but bent into a right angle and has several 3mm...
Ds received the Harry Potter series as a gift last Christmas when he was five, way too young in my opinion, for these books (thought he would have nightmares). But not in dh's opinion--he wanted to start reading them with ds right away. So I caved, and I am sooo glad I did. We have all enjoyed these books so much--and no nightmares. We have read all four with ds and just finished about two weeks ago. It took a few months to get through the last one, because we would often...
Hi, it's me, flower, with my newer, flashier username! Just wanted to give you the latest installation of our epic tale of "The Tooth Infection that Wouldn't Go Away". I think the last time I posted, my 5yo (then, 6yo now) had seemed to kick the post-pulpotomy infection on his own, and I was ready to kick the pediatric dentist in the shins. Well, that was not the end of the story. A couple weeks later, that bubble showed up again, so we had that...