or Connect

Posts by lavender

a. The scent of rain when it comes to the desert is a kept promise. We all came stumbling wide-eyed and open-mouthed out of our apartments, dazed after a long day's work, to stretch under the gathering clouds. Some of us cheered in that darkening gray sky as we began to soak in those enormous, long awaited drops. We didn't know one another, or hardly did, but we shared our joy on that late summer afternoon, a flock of drifters and seekers on the edge of town buried...
I'm so glad to be back to this forum after a summer off! A hip injury kept me from sitting comfortably for almost a month, and then life just got away from me trying to catch up with everything... Some of the most fun writing prompts I've come up with for myself involve observing strangers and then using my imagination. For example... Start with a snippet, maybe just a line, of overheard conversation between two people and expand on it in whatever direction your...
Jesse, I would also enjoy if you would jump in and write with us. Thank you for asking. Also, thank you for continuing to lead our group and for the new direction. I will do my best to keep up!
I wrote this last week. It sort of forced it's way out of me while the kids were in class. It's not meant to be related to any particular subject; I just thought I'd share. Stolen Words We didn't know it at the time, but a stranger was downstairs opening the window, climbing over our kitchen table, walking through the darkened house holding my cute purple purse and my husband's laptop bag. We were all upstairs, asleep, except when I heard the bump I thought was one...
Thank you, Jesse! I really enjoy what you've done with the format of the writer's board and would love to see it continue in such a format. Now that I'm back home and have made some progress digging myself out from under piles of everything, I am dying to join in again. I like the idea of a focused topic to bring a point to my rambling sort of writing. I still love to freewrite but have not really taken it past that, and this women's group presents such nice...
I'm in a small town in Nevada. South of town, actually, where the desert is lush green from the unusually generous spring rains and blooming wildflowers. Outside my window is a pine tree which houses a crow's nest, and last night on a walk I saw cottontails and jackrabbits running through the sage. The air smells all dry and desert-spicy. At night it is quiet and there are a billion stars shining down on us. So...come on down and join me! Mom just served up the G&Ts.
Ohhhhh! So that's what it means. I keep thinking it's a Japanese tea I had not yet heard of. Let's see...there's matcha, sencha, bancha, genmaicha, and....simcha? Sweet, earthy, and full of sunshine! I really wish I had more time to spend here...but while I used to get up earlier to write, I keep sleeping in because I'm so exhausted. And taking trips out of town... Yeah, I know, excuses. Next couple of weeks I'll try to write from out-of-state!
Hello, I am Lavender. If you met me you may notice that I am staring at the way the light is reflecting off the side of your face, or how your eye color is actually a blend of two colors and they are playing with one another and tumbling down through the shadows cast by the folds of your shirt. You would probably be wondering why I am looking at you so intently until I explain that I have been painting all morning and am still stuck on blue and turquoise, or a peachy...
I think you've done a great job taking over the writing group, Jesse. I like that there are separate feedback and portfolio threads. I like the freewrite thread, especially. The whole setup of the group feels like a bigger, brighter home. Thank you. Also, the brainstorming assignment was something I found especially fun. The thing that I am having trouble with, though, is being inspired. My boys are seven and nine, and though it is fun to look back and explore the...
Second trimester brainstorm (this is ten years ago now so I am just naming memories!) can anybody tell yet? feeling kicks I won't ride that bike the smell of the mango hair conditioner now he can feel the kicks too the ultrasound finding out it's a boy and naming him the “baby shower” where I didn't know anybody the lady who said her pregnancy went 11 months maternity clothes, splurge on the denim jumper from the baby store how can I possibly have gained 20...