or Connect

Posts by lavender

funshine! That's my favorite too!!! ..."I even BURNed down the MALT shop where WE used to go, just beCAUSE it reMINDS me of YOUUUUUU! ...So darlin' let me help you with that suitcase..." Now it's gonna be stuck in my head the whole day. (hi dlb, been a long time, hasn't it? Smells like Nirvana is actually my *other* favorite)
Just a thought, since we currently have no topics (aside from wonderful RED ) and possibly no leader...what if, on Monday, everybody posted one or several suggestions for that week's topics, and the group could pick from any or all of those suggestions? Of course, we would need a leader...someone who was able to start the new thread...someone reliable...someone who cares about writing...anyone?
I know it's taken me some time to get back to you with feedback, but here goes. I read your story right away and I've been thinking about it a lot. Your characters have really stuck with me, and so, to answer your question, yes, there is enough depth to them, especially Sue. I don't think it's disrespectful at all to say the receptionist looked like Dolores Claiborne, but it would have been disrespectful to say her personality was that of Dolores Claiborne, which you...
Thank you, zenfulmama. I also miss being at the top of the stack as now I have to scroll past distractions...they are trying to lead me astray, I know it!
I am so grateful for your working with this group, and would be sad to see you go. I enjoyed the assignments as a kind of jumping-off place, and would very much like to go back to the original formula where there were several topics per week from which to choose (or not). I also want to thank you for introducing me to Natalie Goldberg's writings. Reading her Waking up in America, I feel I have met someone woven from similar threads. (I am reading it slowly because I...
It's a quarter to six when the alarm goes off and I immediately know what day it is because I've only let myself half-sleep all night in anticipation. I only hit the snooze button once, then slide out of bed, eager to start the day and be on time, feeling glad to dismiss the fear that the alarm wouldn't go off, or that I would turn it off and go back to sleep. In the closet I have my clothes sitting out, all four layers. Bathing suit, thermals, workout clothes,...
Last night I realized there is a reason Boris came into my life. He is not a small man. I had heard of him long before I met him, as we celebrated Michaela's test at Stuart's. They were talking about dojo members no one had seen in a long time and someone said, “Hey, what about Boris?” Boris, oh yeah... everyone half breathed, half voiced. Murmurs went around the table. Big guy, Russian. “Remember the first time he showed up?” Michaela's blue eyes were wide and...
2004 has been about learning, forgiving, opening. Opening a door to the next part of my life. There was the part before 2004 and there will be the part after. The part after the first learning and the forgiving. I thought I knew what forgiveness meant until I placed myself in the palm of her hand, loosening my grip on myself, blending, ready to fall any direction she may choose to throw me. I placed myself there with love and with trust, in her that she would do no...
Isn't failure what we're afraid of the most? Or maybe it's just me. I read somewhere that it is how you pick yourself up from failure that determines your ability to succeed, or something like that. What comforting words. It's okay to fail. I can breathe. If I don't make it to the end of this page, if my mind is completely black and the words won't come, have I failed? That depends, doesn't it? My whole life failure has been chasing me, keeping me running, biting at...
I used to believe in the citrus thing, too. Until yesterday when I caught our little counter-ninja licking the satsumas. Use the tape. I will too. Then maybe those litter-box-dusty pawprints all over the counters will go away.