or Connect

Posts by lavender

Fire. I am a fire sign. My dad is a fire sign. I try not to take these things too seriously but how can I not when it is obvious we are both made out of fire? We at times can be composed entirely of flame. When my dad stood over me when I was fifteen as he yelled and I lay there fully deserving it and amazed in the blazing heat of his fury I saw him red flaming and ready to burst. I was scorched and maybe at that moment I was lit also. My tantrums later were lit from...
1982 was the year I broke from the little Lutheran school to the big wide world of public school. Instead of a class of 30 I was a tiny fish in a class of nearly 1000. I was always a tiny fish though, a timid goldfish invisible between the glass of the bowl and the water where the other fishes swam and played. I opened myself to the world. I opened to the boys and the drinking and the ways I thought I was supposed to be as a young teen. I became someone else. If I were...
:
I guess as far as bathroom smilies go, we'll have to stick with: or or :LOL
Actually, I take baths much of the time, and I REALLY couldn't bring myself to do THAT! Where is a peeing smilie when I need one?
I really like the idea of Feng Shui. I've looked some into Feng Shui and found that there is such a variety of interpretations of it. Sometimes, it's more practical, things like "sit with your desk facing the door" so you don't have to turn around every time somone comes in, and dealing with traffic flow issues within the house. And other resources I've found take things to a deeper level and claim that the shape of your house, and the different areas within it, reflect...
It has never even occurred to me to pee in the shower...I don't know if I could bring myself to do it! Wow, it's interesting to see how many people do though. I guess it all just goes down the drain. Funny! At my second cousin's house I was reprimanded for spitting in the bathroom sink after brushing my teeth. They said THAT was gross!
It was the best birthday party ever. In the history of the world perhaps. It is the birthday party I wanted to have, I still want to have. I keep telling everybody that. All the parents left except for two, and they went to their cars! It was a house of screaming, stomping, tumbling building boys with arms and legs and voices penetrating the air thick with balloons, Legos, and wrapping paper. The music covered the other noises like a blanket covering a hot sweating body....
Tiny hands. It's amazing how they work, the things they can do. I watch those little cone-shaped fingers extend and fill out into the strong cylindrical tools a man will use someday. Now they are the feelings and expressions of boys, still peas growing in the pod. I watch the hands build, I watch them write. [Second son]'s hands are a piece of art; they can do anything. He is writing and building and has these machine-like manipulations that could make anything possible....