or Connect

Posts by meandk0610

Holy cow! That's great!! I got this definition real quick off of christinekane.com -   "A vision board (also called a Treasure Map or a Visual Explorer or Creativity Collage) is typically a poster board on which you paste or collage images that you’ve torn out from various magazines. It’s simple.   The idea behind this is that when you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live, or where you want to vacation,...
That is awesome about the credit card! What are you using to maintain your focus?
I was actually 150 (+2) this morning but I did remember to weigh in after having 2 cups of water and having eaten. I will weigh again tomorrow morning just to be sure. I think that, even though I don't think that I ate a lot of carbs, our Saturday evening dinner at Golden Corral did not help.  
Yikes! I'm sorry that I forgot to start on time. I checked my weight this morning and it says 148! I was about 135 last October when I started my current job. Holy cow! I knew I had gained because my pants were getting tight but this is ridiculous.  
Such horrible news! I'm glad that you're going at it with a positive attitude - that will help immensely!   I forgot about the start date! My plan is to get back to eating paleo first then work the carbs down. I've been slacking since getting a job in after school care last fall and eating some of the (junky) snacks fed to the kids (approved by the USDA).
Here's DR's plan: Pre-Step 1: Get current on your debts and do a budget 0.1 No new borrowing. So far so good! 0.2 Talk with spouse and get him/her on the same page as you concerning finances. 0.3 Do a written budget. Done. 0.4 Temporarily stop all retirement contributions 0.5 Get current on all the basics (Shelter, Food, Utilities, Basic clothing). Done. 0.6 Amputate "toys" (bikes, boats, ATV's etc) to help snowball. Have started listing a few things on Ebay,...
I'll put my own updates in a bit but wanted to catch up on everybody! Wow! Good luck with the job search!   Hoping that doing my taxes will save me as well...   That is an awesome feeling!     Have you done (or thought of doing) a vision board around this?   Holy smackerel! That's a good chunk of change!   Scary feeling but look on the bright side - you had savings to work with instead of having to put it on a credit card!
a. Who you are:  sarah, mom to dd(7). we homeschool and i work PT as director for a local after school child care program where i can take my daughter. we're homesteading too! b. Where you are going (your financial goals) and:  working on trying to stay current. i don't get paid when school is out so i'll have to keep the budget super tight due to time off for christmas/new year's break. it's already hand-to-mouth pretty much here so i'm not sure what's going to be...
I'm in! Accountability sounds awesome right now!  
Thanks, that does help! Would they get shaved in the summer? It sounds like their coat would kind of be a pain to deal with.