or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

It will work.  Use few words ("no bite!" is perfect)  And move him away from you immediately.  Not like put him in a crib or on the floor, but move out of bite range when you say it.  You don't even have to put him down unless he's like a walking dead zombie...just arms length. Try some toys that aren't actually teething toys.  Babies love to play with non toys.  Or toys that aren't just baby toys.  Wood is a good teething toy too.  I bought a wooden Ipod off of Etsy a...
Growing up, I had complete freedom by age 2.  I was navigating the entire city of St Louis and Chicago by age 8. How I survived that I'll never know.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it.  But, I don't understand why my Mom allowed it.  I was honestly lost so many times as a toddler,and I can remember several times I had to be brought home lost and alone....it didn't bother me either.  To me it was just normal. I let my daughter have free run of the neighbor's farm...
I say, relax and keep looking.  But, since the drop off time and school transportation is important, I'd go with one of the centers as well.   Don't give up on home care though.  It's true, you will have a harder time finding the right fit in a home daycare, but I think your kids will be happier and more relaxed in a good home care vs a center.  
I think people will think it's weird, but they will get over it.  It's good to get this out of his system with the people who love him, before entering school and being questioned by kids who don't know him yet.  (he will probably have other interests by then)  So, learning the hard way from his loved ones is going to bring him along gently.     The most common thing I notice, and this tends to make the family mad is people will assume he's a girl.  On more than one...
I agree.  There is the point where we put the aggressive child ahead of the safety of others.   That doesn't work with me either.  His feelings would not even be considered when he's done something like that, at this age no less.   (I realize this is an old thread) 
I think it all depends on your state.  It's not hard to find out what you would need, but I know for sure, it's a lot of work, money, and time before you can even accept kids in most states.  Who would come up with the insurance and the upfront money to start this?
We love Disney.   We don't always love the movies, but the characters...we love the characters.  My daughter was a toddler when Lion King came out, and we went to see that twice, we bought the music, we bought the Simba toys, sheets, jammie.... we were ALL about Simba.   Eventually she loved Bugs life and Toy Story, but never to the same degree as Simba.    She also loved The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but, mostly because she loves music...she didn't appreciate it...
One of my daycare families became overwhelmed by one of their kid's behavior.  They weren't actually trying that hard, but they were sort of trying, while also letting her be her.  (which wasn't working)  They had been evicted from several rentals because of her.  Finally they got a two bedroom condo.  But, someone called CPS.  CPS came in and said they couldn't have three kids sharing one room, and they'd need a larger home.  But, they also sent a car full of volunteers...
Thanks.  I will suggest this.     I "get" where she is coming from.  We all imagine our kids running off to the school field and having fun with lots of friends.  She's picturing him with nobody to run off with, nobody to sit with at lunch.  I think she just wants him to be happy and liked. 
My friend's four year old son is very smart.  He learns things much faster and with much more intensity than other kids his age.  He's friendly and polite to everyone.   However, he doesn't make friends like other kids.  They just don't "get each other".  He is as baffled by other kids as they are of him.   In some ways, he immature.  He likes his little world of pretend, yet he reads, writes knows world maps, U.S Maps, math...etc...  He has long detailed conversations...