or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

If that was only one incident, you might not have an actual problem.  If it's often, I'd be concerned.   Either way, he can't deal with the fussing.  So, don't leave them alone together anymore at least until the baby outgrows his fussiness.   Other than that, I DO think a four year old is way too old to be beating up on a baby.  I can understand snapping once, but if it's a daily thing, I'd make some drastic changes to who gets to be where, and when.  Keep them...
I would just not put the shoes on her in the first place.  You take the shoes and set them next to you in the front seat of the car, then have her put them on before getting out of the car.  Unless you park a block away from home, she can walk to the car in bare feet.   Sometimes if you take the option away, they will make a different choice later on.  Some kids just like the control they have, and if you keep giving her the option, she will choose the same option...
I wouldn't want to do it every Saturday night either.  I'd do it once a month, and let him sleep over,(it could be a blast)   but I wouldn't want to do it every week. 
Yes...If you know the other parents, perhaps you can casually ask them "I'm just trying to piece together what my son said... do you know if______ is true?  Did you son/daughter every say anything about this?"     The parents might go tell the provider you were asking, but if you aren't making it sound like gossip or a revenge attack, they might question the care their own kids are getting, or maybe they've been wondering the same things you have been.  Nobody can call it...
I am a daycare provider, and I am always on the side of the provider.   But, even I think she's doing something bad.     Before reporting it though, i'd tell that mom friend of yours first.  Ask her if you want to let her put her two weeks in first....just in case it pushes her over the edge.     It's entirely possible that your son's stories are not completely true...but, the sock story makes me think it is.....why would she tell you he put a sock in his...
I think he might love to go to half day preschool.     How do you know kids don't wash hands after the bathroom?  I don't know anybody who does that...so, maybe you misheard, or someone was spreading gossip?
I can't think of any articles on this subject.     But, honestly, I think i'd tell her to stop saying it at school.  I don't know if she's talking about it a lot, or just writing stories about it.  Obviously, it has the teacher concerned enough to intervene, so perhaps it is interfering with her work or social life?   I have a daycare boy who is much younger.. he just turned three.  He always wants people to call him a puppy.  He refers to himself as Puppy....
Right.  Just don't go see an R rated movie.  I never got a babystitter for my child...but, we went to child appropriate movies instead.    I didn't see an R rated movie in the theater until she was old enough to stay home alone.  I learned to love and enjoy movies that were meant for young kids.     *sidenote... I was in a theater recently where the adults brought young preschoolers with them.   Two of the kids had lightup shoes.  WHY would you  bring kids to an adult...
I agree... I think we baby kids now WAY, way beyond what's necessary.  But, I also think taking a four year old to an R rated movie is irresponsible.  
Maybe you could ask her not to put your child's name on the board, and instead you guys can come up with a simple way to make your  child accountable for his or her behavior.  It would help if you had some alternative ideas for her to use with your child.