or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

I didn't, and my daughter is the messiest adult in the entire world.  I don't think she can ever have a room mate at this point... she's that messy.     I with i'd instilled that in her when she was little.  But, it was easier not to fight with her.
My daughter grew up in my daycare, and I was a single mom, so she always knew she was the center of my world only.   But, I forced swimming lessons on her.  There's no choice in that...we live in a hot climate and most people have pools.  So, she was going to learn swimming and water safety.  If I lived in a big hunting community, i'd probably make her go to gun safety classes too.   I also chose piano lessons for her.  She went for one full year.  But, she never...
I didn't see the post.  But, if you have not made a life commitment to him, i'd consider getting out of this relationship.  Especially if you have kids of your own.   Very rarely do kids who have actually spun out of control, regain control without a huge financial and time commitment by several adults.  It's a full time job to fix kids when they have lost their way.   Then, you have your own kids to think of.  Do you want your kids exposed to this?   I say this...
My daycare is not shoe free either...But, I do wash their hands all day.  I am wondering if maybe you are mistaken about the hand washing policy?  That would bother me too.   As far as the shoes go, I think I would lighten up a bit.  I've been working in daycares in the early 80s, and I've never seen one be shoe free, yet nobody seems to get unusually sick.   I DID work on one infant room though, where the adults took shoes off so we didn't step on the babies hands....
I'm not sure where she lives, but in my area, we are outside all day in the winter (November-April) and inside all summer.  It's too dangerous to play outside for more than short times in the summer.  
IF she's actually purposely putting it all over the walls, I'd make her clean it too.  It can't hurt her any more than it did to pull it out of herself and wipe it on the walls.   IF she's trying to fix a mess in her pants, and in the process, she's getting it all over, i'd clean it for her and try to figure out why she's having issues.     I would be really mad about the mess, AND especially the toilet paper, but sometimes, kids are trying to undo a mistake, and...
I suggest trying to sit by other parents with young kids for as much of the trip as possible.  After a while, you get to know the other passengers, and everyone will be a lot happier if they make new friends.   I took a train ride from St Louis to KC in July.  The conductor was directing families with kids to the front car (suggesting only) and families without kids to the back car.  It worked out perfectly for us because we were traveling without kids.  The front...
I rarely use timeout for my daycare kids.  If I do, it's because we just need a break from that child.  Either he or she is actually picking on another child, and the victim deserves a few moments to start a new activity without the bossy kid interjecting him or herself.     Or just because *I* need a break from the child.     But, as a learning tool, I don't think it works.  It's just a breather.  I think with six full time kids, timeout gets used a total of...
This is going to sound crazy, but, can you just let him mess with them for a while?  Then replace all the slats for your inlaws when he's bored with it?     Almost 17 months is pretty old to be obsessing over vertical blinds...so, he might like the fact that they are off limits, more than the blinds themselves.     Also, you can make some "These are not your toys" toys to accidentally leave out where he can get them.  At this age, toys bore them a little.  They...
If it's actually yeast, it's not from the diapers.  But, if it's a rash, it could be from the diapers.   You need to treat the yeast infection though.  You can do it with regular women's yeast medication that you buy in the store, or ask in your health food store for anything they have that will help.  For me, personally, I like the Pearls Yeast kit.  But, I don't think it's something you want to give to a child without learning something about it first....