or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

Z was diagnosed by 3 months...She failed her test as a newborn. .  She is profoundly deaf.  Hers is caused by a genetic disorder called  Connexin 26.   You can watch some good movies about deaf children on Netflix.  "Your Name I Jonah" is SO old, but pretty good.  I liked "Sound and Fury".  It helps to understand the deaf community, and how opposite they can be.  Some families choose cochlear implants, and some are vehemently against them.  It's good to see how both...
Exactly.  A 26 yr old man needs to date a 20+ yr old woman.  Not a teenager.  I would  not allow it...I'll be honest and say I would most likely get the police involved. It's probably an overreaction, but I'd absolutely press charges.   A good quality man wants what is best for everybody.  And, this may be fun, but it's not best.
A death in the family takes priority over someone else's work schedule.  You just deal with it  however you can.  More than "He was like a brother to me" attitude, I would have rather she been more supportive of his wife.  (her sister I assume)    BUT, she said she would work.  You offered to figure something out, and she waited until the last minute to fall apart.  I understand why she fell apart, but she was given permission by you to bail out, then she just said...
If it works for both of you, and he's not unhappy with it, I don't see a problem with it.   My husband and I are much older, and he snores LOUD.. so, a few years ago, I started sleeping in the guest room.  It's the only way I can sleep.  But, I am not really happy with the arrangement.  I had a lot of resentment at first.  But, it works for both of us, and sleep is valuable.  So, it's OK.
Is he doing this alone?  Sometimes kids think of things when they are together that they wouldn't think of alone.  (not always)   Hopefully, he learned that when you warn him, you are serious, and he won't assume it's an empty threat again.  Perhaps he assumed you wouldn't really send him in there.     If he wouldn't get them out of the water, even after you helped him by pushing the rocks closer to the stairs, I'd have made him dry off, then sit there while you...
I think kids have always had a tendency to be mean and nasty.  I think some personalities are more difficult than other personalities.   But, When I was growing up in the 70s, we could be disciplined by other parents and by teachers.  Now, nobody can discipline, and parents don't really want to discipline.  (or make the child feel bad)   Also, in the 70s, tv shows were fairly wholesome.  The inappropriate shows came on after kids went to bed.   Now,...
At six, saying things like "I'm concerned..." and actually be concerned, not sarcastic.   Kids always fall for the "I'm concerned" line at this age.   Then start a dialogue about sticking his tongue out, or refusing to do the work.  Ask him if the other kids are sticking their tongue out at the teacher.  If he says no, ask him if he feels bad about himself when he does this.  *I had some behavior problems in school, and while I didn't know how to think first, act...
Well, at 10 months, if he's eating solids, he should be fine, and he can certainly manage a cup.  He might not take to a cup right this week, but he will eventually take to a cup.  Or a water bottle or something.  If he takes no milk at all during the day, that will be fine too.  He will make up for it when he's with you.   I have a daycare, and I have an 11 month old who has been hard to feed from day one.  HARD.   I actually lost sleep over it for a while.   But,...
One of my daycare boys (13 months) started having little tantrums....not full blown yet, he's just trying them out.     He was in the kitchen having a meltdown, when he realized nobody was in there, then he heard us having circle time in the other room, so he stopped crying, walked in there, quietly cleared a spot for himself, then finished his tantrum.     Funniest thing ever.   He's working on it...it's going to take more practice, but within the next few...
I consider preteen to be between 10-12.     And, I agree... pre-teen and teens are a whole different world.