or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

It doesn't sound like the flu.  It does sound more like strep than anything.     Honestly, though, I'd have been giving tylenol and motrin for the fever and discomfort.  I wouldn't suffer through the pain myself, I wouldn't expect my child to either.   On the other hand, I grew up in the early 70s, and we didn't go to the doctor, or have tylenol or motrin.  (that I am aware of) we had asprin, and whisky.  (seriously)  I survived, and I can only remember a few times I was...
We did dance competition for a few years.  I'll be honest and say, it was one of the best experiences we have had.  But, the competitions were all local (except for nationals) and they were always on a Saturday.  I worked Monday through Friday.   She danced for four hours on Thursday night, and two hours on Tuesday night.  So, between her grade school teacher (who dropped her off at the dance studio after school) and my ex and I, we managed pretty well.  But, the...
Never with my own daughter.  But, once, when I was babysitting my boyfriend's son, he wouldn't get ready, and we needed to  go meet his dad for dinner...so, I swatted his bum... not hard, and my heart wasn't even in it.. I just thought I should try it.  Ya know, to see if it worked.  He gave me that "you are so stupid" look.  It was obvious to both of us that what I did was not only an empty threat, but I just gave him complete control over me.     I felt kind of...
My daughter didn't get spanked.  But, both of her cousins were spanked often.  I am one who doesn't think spanking is abuse, and i'm fine with it for others.  But, sometimes, this went beyond a spanking, and into abuse.  I guess extreme anger was the right word.  My SIL would almost "snap" and it was scary to all of us.     Anyway, my daughter always knew that it was different in cousin's house, and that It just wasn't what WE do.  I don't think we ever discussed it...
It's hard to say really.  I've had so many kids i've worked with over the years.   In my experience, the kids who can't find or make friends (even with a lot of work on your part) are the kids who have the problems later on in life.     There is always a place for the kids who's minds work differently.  If you really pay attention, you can find the other kids who think like your kid.  Maybe the quirky kid is a music genius, or artistically inclined, or loves...
They are probably not bullying him.  But, they are saying something that is hurtful to him.  My daughter wore a really cute sparkly shirt to first grade.  One girl said "Ooooh... sexy shirt" and did a little hula hoop move.  This was said in the  hallway in front of other kids.  She never wore that shirt again.  She was devastated and talked about that for years.     In fifth grade, (where bullying was not only not allowed, it just didn't ever happen) A boy sent my...
It's a hard age... they want to do more, but they are restricted by their own skills.  Once she can walk, it opens up a whole new world.   It's frustrating, but even a baby has a will and a mind of her own.  It's natural for her to protest everything that might even possibly look like it's your idea.  You almost have to make things seem like her idea.  (I have to do this with my husband too)    She has a personality and a will.... this will be the thing you love...
He's not being ignored in the backyard.  He's old enough to play out there alone if he wants...if he doesn't want to be out there, he can simply walk inside I am assuming the OP isn't locking him out of the  house, then dragging him back in while screaming at him.  You guys make it sound like she's just sending him out at breakfast and forcing him to sit alone.   Seriously...he's FOUR.  He's not 14 months.  He probably could use the right thing out there to play with.......
I don't sell myself as a "natural" or "AP" daycare.  But, I have parents who teach school.  They drive from one side of the city to bring me their kids, then drive the other direction to go to work.  I am on the other side of their schools by about six miles (in heavy traffic) and most of them live 15 miles away.  I am not on their way at all.   In Phoenix, that 15 miles is a huge deal.   I SO appreciate what they do too.  
I disagree that she has too many kids.  Most people can easily handle six to eight kids without any issues.  In fact under six kids is harder than over six.     But, I think they can work this out if the daycare provider is willing to try a few of your suggestions.  I have a daycare, and ALL of my infants, even the co sleeping infants sleep just fin in a pack n play alone.  I haven't ever had a problem with it.  However, I don't let them cry for 20 minutes either.  I...