or Connect

Posts by nextcommercial

I don't like it either.  My own child didn't need to be "tracked".  If they have bad kids who need to be tracked, let them wear it.   
I walked a mile to the store alone by the age of three.  I remember doing it, but I google earthed the address and the store, and mapped it out.  It was just over a mile, and I had to cross a major street.     I remember going there a few times a week to buy Sour apple bubble gum.  Who gives a three year old money?   Looking back, my mom was obviously depressed, because I remember her ALWAYS being in bed.  She'd give me money from bed, and let me go.  (this was...
I would drop it completely.  It's not a big deal at all.  Mentioning it and worrying about it will only make her self conscious.  It might mean she can't hear the notes.  It might mean she feels funny..or she doesn't like it.  Maybe she doesn't like hearing you sing.  Maybe you do sing bad (I sing very off key) and she doesn't like to hear it.   You know how kids go through a "don't sing happy birthday to me!" stage?  Maybe she's perpetually in a "don't sing to me...
Ours were all hardback, and under $30.  They are very well done.  I love to look at all of the kids i've known forever back when they were in kindergarten.... all cute and goofy.  Then, now they are huge and in college.  
We did, and she really loves them.  We moved to a different school when she was in 7th grade, and one of the things I was saddest about was not having yearbooks for 7th and 8th grade at her school.     She graduated high school a few years ago, and she still likes to get them out now and then.  Usually it's because one of her friends in college went to her grade school, and it's fun to refer back to when they were 7.  
It sounds to me like she just found her "mad".  Tantrums can start this early.  She's newly mobile..she's busy... and she doesn't want to do what she doesn't want to do.  She's doing her own thing, and then you (you are her favorite person in the world, but really, you have been there her whole life, she's got other things to do now) pick her up, or stop her from her goal.  It took her a long time to get over there, and now you pick her up?  It's just cruel....
I agree... secrets are not OK.   But, I think they just want to have a "special" thing with the grandkids.     Sometimes, I will give my daycare kids a special snack that belongs to my husband or daughter, then I say "Shh..don't tell J we ate her fishy crackers"...then the second she comes home, they tell her, and she acts like she's shocked every time.  My husband too.  But, it's a game really... and the kids think it's funny.  They know it's not really a...
Second grade?  Wow.   O.K, first, you guys micromanaging the play of 7/8 yr olds is weird.  They can play alone without being watched.  They can work out their problems between themselves.     A 7/8 yr old is also old enough to hear "No, sorry honey....every time you come over to our house, you take our things from our home, and that is stealing,so I can't let you come over anymore."   I'd work VERY hard at helping my child make new friends.  If her parents...
Honestly, I would just call it naptime for everyone.   I watch six or seven kids a day.  Usually, one of those kids is a newborn, and I can get them all to take a nap at the same time.  I can't really nap then, but if they were my own kids, I'd SO be napping too.     I like the armchair idea.  (not a pretty one, the boys will wreck it)  and, I'd feed the baby, let him or her sleep on my chest, or in a seat of his own, while I sat there listening to my ipod for...
I think you would be able to tell by the look on his face if you have something to worry about.  Since you saw it, if you are concerned, I'd look into talking to someone that might be able to help.  I don't think i'd be comfortable if I had that "feeling" until I talked to a professional about what I've been noticing.