or Connect

Posts by mom2threenurslings

12 years, 6 months, 3 weeks, 6 days! ;)    About 16 months of that was spent nursing one child. The rest was spent tandem nursing, tandem nursing through pregnancy, triandem nursing, and triandem nursing during pregnancy. Most was spent triandem nursing. I'm currently nursing "only one."
Welcome!   I have P/PsA and my daughter (just turned 9, has been battling joint pain since she was 4) may have PsA as well (she has a rheumatologist appointment next month).     
Many people were concerned that nursing during pregnancy would harm the unborn baby. I did my research, so knew otherwise. My response would usually be something to the effect of, "Thanks so much for your concern for our baby! My research shows that nursing through pregnancy is healthy for all involved. If you have information that says otherwise, I'd be happy to take it into consideration!" or "I was concerned about that in the beginning as well, but was relieved to...
I have nursed 1 through one pregnancy, tandem nursed through 2 pregnancies and started one pregnancy triandem nursing and ended it tandem nursing and going on to triandem nurse. I was lucky in that my milk supply remained good throughout pregnancy. I made sure I ate enough protein and stayed well hydrated.    I LOVED nursing through pregnancy and tandem/triandem nursing. There were the occasional times of feeling "touched out" but I figure that would happen anyway,...
My first 2 were 19 months apart and I found it helpful to play with baby dolls and talk about "when our baby gets here he'll be .... (this big, hungry and need to nurse, sleepy and need quiet time, etc.)" and "when our baby gets here, we get to ... (change diaper, nurse, etc.)"  I'd put the baby doll in a sling, nurse the doll, change the doll's diapers. We had friends with babies, so we'd touch the babies' feet and talk about being gentle with baby and how our new baby...
Sounds similar to our house as well. Our oldest, 12 and almost 11, are best friends and usually get along wonderfully ... but when they bug each other they BUG each other! :lol: Our "middle child" is almost 9 and having older brothers and a 5 year old younger brother, I think she feels left out a lot because the older boys see her as too young and she's too much older than the younger kids. However, she gets along with kids of all ages and likes to hang out with adults...
We're an unschooling family of 7. Our kids are 12, 10, 8, 5 and 3. As far as housekeeping goes, each child is "captain" of a certain room each week, rotating rooms every week. Each room comes with specific duties that must be performed daily or as needed: Kitchen: loads and runs dishwasher; hand washes dishes, puts dishes away, cooks / helps cook at least 2 meals a week Dining / homeschool room: makes sure everyone clears their place after meals; washes and dries...
We are a homeschooling family of seven living in a 3 bedroom house. We mostly use our dining room for homeschooling purposes, but I thought I'd comment on what works for us as far as bedrooms go. We have 2 bedrooms upstairs. Our 12 and 10 year old boys are in one, our 8 year old daughter in the other. Even though we have enough bed space to sleep all the kids in the biggest bedroom, with lots of room to play, the older boys don't want their 5 year old brother or their...
Thanks for your response. My rheumatologist wants to get me on biologics, but feels the mtx is necessary at this point due to the aggressiveness of my PsA and the damage and deformity already present. I find out this week if my back pain is from spondylitis.    This is most likely my daughter's last week of nursing. Some days she seems ready, others she's sad. We've agreed that we're both going to be sad and miss it, but can still cuddle and have the same...
I have five children. The oldest 4 naturally weaned between the ages 5 and 8. My youngest is 3 and continues to nurse, however I have recently been diagnosed with severe psoriatic arthritis and, after consulting many sources including a naturopathic physician, have found that I need to go on a drug that is not compatible with breastfeeding. If it wasn't for how much damage has been done in just the past few months. the amount of pain I'm in and my severely limited...