or Connect

Posts by Dov

Any Dads ever have a run-in with cops over your kids? Are your kids permitted to play outside your condo/apt unharrassed? Do you get confronted by police officers over anonymous tips that you're negligent as a parent? My dw and I have recently had some hair raising events with gigantic mutant males in uniform, the most recent yesterday when I was informed we were "under surveillance" becaus eof neighbor complaints that our kids play outdoors. I wasn't aware that...
Another hi-five for PTG, the Gift of Fear and Fear Less all by Gavin DeBecker. I saw a talk he gave at a school which ruffled a ton of pro-DARE and pro-Stranger Danger admins. He was excellent, blunt and to the point from a pure security standpoint. I've been trying to get my SIL to read his books but they're total Dr. Phil babble addicts and can't tolerate Gavin's straight fact-based security talk. *sigh* It's like non-violent communication, if only we could get...
kaydee's advice is really good. Ask yourself her questions, they're the same ones I usually ask. Although I've gotten much faster at detecting the bad apples or "bad fits," for my own therapist, it hasn't been as easy with ones for the kids. I am getting tired of PhD's claiming they have experience in COBPD only to find out four sessions in that they were outright lying... it's bad when you have to educate the professional on the basics of a disorder. I wish I...
This might sound frosty and I don't intend it to be. What is/are the reason(s) you would like to know about this? I'm willing to share about this usually (I've written articles and stories based on being BP). I guess the reason I'm asking, is a) I'm in the trough part of my cycle which always has a paranoia element, and b) if I know what's motivating you I might be able to pick the story or experiences that would best answer your questions. I dunno if I'm making any...
My dw is the "breadwinner" and the financial/responsibility thing is a sex-destroyer for her. I had a vas and that made intimacy more likely but only once or twice in a given "month." Dunno if it's just being 39 and 40 y.o. that's making us settle for this, but hey, it is what it is. Why am I saying this? Oh yeah, because ITA with most posters about the BC method being a factor, that therapy chosen by the mate is rarely something that the silent-stewing spouse will...
ITA with previous posters: digital camera and a sling. Perfect tools for a new Dad.
I'm grateful for the support. Posting here is a good thing. The situation is constantly evolving, but after meeting with an atty who agreed to help us through the process of getting assessments, IEP's all that, we're feeling a lot less pressure from the circumstances. Unfortunately ADHD carries a set of "doubts" and biases held by public school officials in our very conservative area. We now have to go "on record" with our son's diagnosis and prepare to defend our...
Thanks for that. Refi went through, paid off the city lien. Whew! Major relief... of course now we're in debt ot our eyeballs but at least we can pay it every month. We go to the atty tomorrow. We'll see from there... Went to a sweat this morning with some very power medicine people. Good doctorin' there. Feeling calmer.
The refi was all set to go, signing final docs and closing on Sat. The four month bout with bills was about to be over. Then the school called. Ds was suspended for 2 days for an innappropriate behavior in class. He has ADHD with impulsivity and he did something assinine (later found out from him he'd been coerced to do it by a kid who has a history of getting him to act out--this is big incident number 3 since Sept.) Despite the fact that it was a brief childish...
AJP, thanks a billion. That's extremely helpful info for us. I went back with that info on hand and got a whole lot of clarification... and a couple of phone nos of people using B100 in '04 and '05 models. I'm going to take a second look at my neighbor's truck too. Thanks!