or Connect

Posts by christifav

a. Who you are: Christi, working mom to 2 kids with a dh who is a full time student b. Where you are going (your financial goals): pay off credit card by June, car by December, 2nd mortgage by 2014, primary mortgage by 2016. Never be in debt again after that. c. How you plan to get there: Already doing a lot: no cable, no cleaning products, no paper towels. Could do more. Currently have the 2 kids in Montessori because the public schools suck and we don't have time...
Thank you for your reply. A break would be wonderful. I like your idea of taking turns with the kids.  We'll try that this weekend.   I also realize that I am terribly affected by the weather and ever since winter ended it has been pouring. I don't think we've had any nice days since November. Today the rain broke long enough for me to go for a run in the sun and I feel much better.     Also today I wrote down a notional schedule that allows me to get 8 hours of...
I have the most wonderful husband and children that anyone could ask for. They are not the problem. I am my own problem. I resent them. I resent this life that I have chosen for myself and now cannot get out of. I have no family support other than dh, so there is no one I can vent to. I am afraid that my crazy is making him want to leave and we are now in a secret race to see who leaves first and which unfortunate one of us is left with the kids.   I have a 6yr old...
My son is the only male in my family who is intact. My sister has told me that if she ever has a son, he will remain intact, but she has no children yet. All my cousins boys have been circ'd. :-(
Oh, I needed this thread right now. I knew in my heart my cousin was going to circ...just that kind of person, you know. But I tried anyway to convince her not to. Just found out that she took her son back to the doc to get it done. (They wouldn't do it in hospital d/t NICU baby) So sad and sick to my stomach. And mad...really mad at a society that keeps this legal. Kinda wish nobody told me she did it.   Back to the OP. You have so much success to be proud of!...
While military men will have to go off-base to get the shot (vs mist), military women can get the single-dose thimerosol-free version if you are (or if you tell them you are) breastfeeding. Its still a shot, but the least evil version, I suppose.
I'm there, too. I'm wondering if it is possible to get my kids vaxed "off the grid", so we can still claim no vaxes and get the religious exemption. If I pay for it out of pocket, instead of through insurance? I'm sure big brother has some master tracking system that nullifies the religious exemption once you get your first jab...sigh...
I live in the TX county that closed all schools for the week thanks to 3 high school kids being diagnosed. I'm not real excited about the idea of DH or I missing a week of work, but I'm not sure I want my kids in daycare right now. We just got over week 3 of the stomach bug (absolutely brought home from day care) and we're sick of being sick. Still not sure what to do...came here looking for non-scare-tactic info.
Great suggestions already. All i can add is that shutterfly has pillowcases for sale. I took pics individually of me with my son and me with my daughter and ordered pillowcases of those pics before i deployed. They loved them. i also had my 3-yr old daughter X out the days on the calendar until we would be together again. your LO may be too young for that yet, though. Thank you for your service. It is a tough time to be a parent in the military.
Subbing because we may be moving to Cazenovia and i want to keep up with the situation in NY.