or Connect

Posts by Veronique

I just talked to my DH about what happened the other day, and he was upset, too. However, he came up with the explanation that his family (in their own weird way) just wants to nurture and feed our little son. They are trying to help, I'm sure. I guess in their little brains they think that they have to step in, or our son will not thrive on breastmilk alone. Even though they always say how chubby he is!!! And he's not even chubby, my gosh!
I also posted about my SIL feeding my son (after I said 'no solids'). I didn't realize this was such common practise with family members feeding our children! Wow...if it wasn't so disrespectful, it would be almost funny... But, I have to agree with pp to not be so hard on your DH, it's not easy to confront family members. We have to learn to pick our battles and not get too angry, KWIM? When we are angry and tense, our children can feel it. It's not worth it.
For the first 2 weeks of DS's life, he slept in my bed with me. My DH slept on the couch in the living room, because he didn't accidentally want to 'roll over' onto our newborn son. I really want for our son to sleep in our bed (it's a twin bed) but my husband is content with his sleeping right next to us in his crib. It's a pretty small bed, but we fit. It's just that DH moves around so much, he doesn't want to accidentally wack our baby during sleep. I do, however,...
I was a teacher until I had my son. Anyways, last year I remember a girl in grade 3 discussing with her friends how the night before she got spanked by her dad for being bad. The principal of the school overheard the conversation and asked her, "how did you feel when your dad spanked you? Don't you think it would be better if you were grounded for being bad? Can you think of other alternatives for punishment when you're disobedient?" (anyways, something to that affect...I...
Quote: I went balistic on my mother when I saw her dip her finger in some cake icing and stick it in ds's mouth. I mean of all the things in the world- icing!? This comment had me rolling on the floor laughing! OMG I guess I was mad at my SIL for sticking her finger in my son's mouth just as much as the fact that she fed him mayo! I mean, how unhygenic!
What do you dislike about the 'what to expect' book? I'm learning daily about raising my son, so would like your input. I have the books and thought they were fine. Except the part about vaccinations! They are so pro-vax it's not even funny. btw: what's ezzo. info? thanks!
hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to other July 05 moms. My son was born on July 4th as you can see in my signature...well, I love this board and am glad I found it! I hope to make regular contributions and meeting all of you!
I've read to give your child a frozen celery stick to chew on while teething...have yet to try it. I bought one of those teething toys you put in the fridge, but found the plastic edges a bit rough. And everytime I give it to DS, he drops it for some reason...
I've been reading some of the comments today and have to add my own two cents. I went to a b.day party for my 3-yr old neice today and the whole family on my husbands side was there. They haven't seen DS in about 2 months. So, of course, the subject turns to food. My SIL was holding my son so I grabbed a plate of food and ate as fast as I could. I've become a fast eater just in case DS needs me for something. So, here I am wolfing down my dinner like a hungry wolf, and...
Occasionaly, I pump milk for my almost 5 month old DS while I run errands in the morning. My husband takes care of our son and gives him his milk from a bottle. DS has no problem going from breast to bottle. However, I've been reading that instead of giving the expressed breastmilk in a bottle it might be wise to give it in a sippy cup. I assume this would be to aid the child in developing skills he needs when it's time to try solids. I'm just concerned that the milk...