or Connect

Posts by Veronique

Is there a way to get a 2 year old to stop saying a word? One of my son's best buddies is 3 and a half and is not exactly the best-behaved kid around. She doesn't like to share and always says words like 'bad boy' or 'mine!' So, now my son mimicks her. He shakes his finger at me and says 'bad!' when he doesn't get his way. I tell him not to say those words, but he doesn't pay any attention to that . Is there anything I can do to stop his bad vocabularty? Or is it...
Quote: Sounds like a plugged duct. Is this something serious or easily cured?
My son just turned 2 last month and as of one week, we have not been breastfeeding. I made this a gradual process for the both of us. In the last 6months I've only been using one breast, and slowly but surely weaned him off it. We were down to one feeding a day so that I would not experience the awful pressure or leakage. Anyways, the first week of no b/f was fine. However, today I feel this 'bump' near the bottom of my breast. It feels like a bruise and is painful to the...
Actually, Oprah asked the ped. on the show what some of the causes of autism could be. The ped said they have evidence of genetic and environmental causes. Then Oprah said, "And vaccinations...." The doctor kinda looked a bit nervous and said, "Well, that is controversial.." Oprah replied, "It doesn't matter if it's controversial or not...is that one of the causes?" The doctor said there has been no conclusive evidence. Well, after the commercial break one of the...
I gave our son peanut butter at 1 year old. I live in Mexico and the idea of a kid having a peanut allergy is unheard of! I don't know why.... I work in a preschool (ages 1-6) and I was surprised one day when the snack of the day was 'mixed nuts, raisins and cheese cubes'. I asked the directora, "Are you sure it's ok to serve nuts?....what if one of the kids has an allergy?" "Allergy???!!!" She looked amazed and surprised by my question! I guess it's not an issue...
I work with this woman who is not quite 3 months pregnant. I work in a school so our hours are 8-2. Not very long, IMHO. Anyways, after lunch, she usually sneaks off somewhere for a nap...once she just fell asleep in the middle of the classroom! (we teach ages 3-5). There are other teachers around so we take over while she just does nothing...and gets paid for it! I made a comment like, "hey, it's not sleep time!" but she just ignored me. I don't know if the other...
We don't have a bathtub either. wE bought our son a large plastic tub and I stick that in the shower stall and he bathes in there. His daddy is too lazy to fill up the tub, so he has been showering him since he was 10 months old!!!
Our son is 22 months old and just started hating his diapers. I normally use disposables and getting them on him is a fight! In the evening, I put on cloth diapers but he takes them off too. we live in a hot climate so he likes to run around naked. He knows how to say "poo-poo" when he poops his diaper, but also says 'poo-poo' when he is peeing. We also have shown him the toilet and told him to go pee-pee in the toilet. He doesn't like it, though. If he doesn't have his...
DH has used a seat on our DS since he was 10 monhts of age. Even though DS is almost 2, I personally, am too afraid to ride the bike with him in the seat...just the idea of falling freaks me out. Even though, I cannot remember a time when I've actually fallen off my bike!
Our son's crib is gathering dust! It was quite expensive, so we don't know if we should sell it or save it just in case we ever have baby#2. Right now we use his crib as a 'toy box' for stuffed animals!