or Connect

Posts by haitimom

If it isn't to late to join, I would love to. I feel that I have met (finally) some people that i can relate to, anf they with me.
Thanks for all the info. everyone. My new project is composting. I need to figure out a closed container system because of the rats. And I mean RATS. yuck! I will continue to work towards good health for my family with good mineral intake. I also need to learn more about the computer thing, all the abbreviations and the smiley symbols. HA HA I look forward to the time on-line with others like me. In the states I had a few fellow "mothering" moms but certainly not here.
What types of minerals do we need? I think we get lots of vitaminC. We have citrus no less than twice daily. The main snack food here is bananas. We go through about a hand a day. I know that we don't get enough calcium. But the dark green veggies don't seem to be available here. We live right on the ocean. We have to go way up in the mountains to get vegetables. The more fragile haven't survived the trip back down yet. So I am definately interested ina supplement for...
I just wanted to thank all of you for your input. Second we, my husband and I, have made a few decisions. We will not be vaccinating any of our children. This site has helped alot. My husband was always behind my decision not to vax. in the states but after our move and what he sees everyday, he was unsure. I dug out all my books that I brought along and poured over them. I spent hours online. He has read all of your input and he also feels that we would be compromising...
As for the clean water and good food, we drink only filtered water and eat fresh fruits several times daily. As for great food, due to an electricity shortage, we eat more boxed than we did in the states. I do my best but sometimes I am very frutrated. The land here is ravaged and scarred from two hundred years of cutting trees to make charcoal. Everytime it rans the soil runs into the ocean. I wonder about the nutrition content of fruits and veggies raised in such...
We relocated our family to Haiti in Nov. My husband(i am very new to all this email and chatting on line stuff. i need a abbreviations list ha,ha ) took a job with a mission that works in the hospitals and schools and orphaneges. The mission needed him right away to sort out things that a former deputy had flubbed up and I wasn't about to stay home in the cold, so we all made the move over seas within a month. I didn't have time to research a new perspective before we...
we are an unvaxed family newly located to haiti. whay about homeopathic vax if the threat of certain disease are real? diptheria, polio, meningitis, tb.
i read the book "escape from the kitchen" by denise schofield. excellent book on kitchen organization, creating "zones" and so on. as a matter of fact i read it twice(my local library had it) so much info.
t when my two year old had it last month nothing seemed to work. he doesn't nurse enough now to express easily and i didn't want to use antibiotics. i finally tried what my grandmother insisted on: boric acid. i boiled water for 10 minutes, didn't have distilled, then took a quart of it and put in a teaspoon of boric acid, let cool. i washed his eye out a few times the first day, then only in the morning and after naps the next two. worked great. his eye ran clear for...
i'm new to this whole chatting online thing. i have not vaccinated my kids fully. my oldest was born in haiti. he had the vitamin k shot at 1 day old because of an infection that caused a severe fever and he was already jaundiced. this summer he stepped on a rusty wallpaper scraper. after thinking about it i decided to give him the dt. my daughter only has her first hep b. she was born in hospital and went straight to surgery. it was given without my initial consent....