or Connect

Posts by haitimom

Tomatos are a high-acid food. They don't need to be pressure canned. A boiling water bath is fine. That might make a difference. HTH!
We are an hour or so north of Seattle also. I would love to expose my younger two and get it out of the way. When my first two had it they got it from a daycare chld of mine who went to school. Her mom asked me if I wanted my kids to get and I said "Definately!" It never occured to me that my 25 year old(at that time)husband hadn't had the pox. It was horrible!!!!!!! I was really scared for his life, not exaggerating. He had a fever I couldn't even touch. His pox...
So we get home late last night and the pigs are out. Thankfully they're in the yard. We lead them in the pen and we notice one has a cut or a split/crack in fer foot/hoof?. We asked the neighbor about and he said it was fine. But today she can't walk on it. Yesterday she was limping. She won't even rest on it. She moves it back and forth constantly. She seems to really be in pain. I want to help her but I can't seem to find any info. on this sort of thing. Any ideas or...
I can give you the name of a friend of mine. She is in Zeeland. I used to live there. I don't know how Tf she is but I know her and her mother and sisters were actively trying to start a co-op in the community. She has lived there a long time and definately could point you in all the right directons at least. Let me know if you're interested I'll pm you her number and email. HTH!!
My DD had a few when she was about 3. They flovor thr Barium for kiddos. At the local hospital they had little bottles that were banana flovored. At the childrens hospital the mixed in their chose of syrup. She thought this was totally since I don't buy Hershey's syrup. They had chocolate and strawberry and they weren't skimpy with it either. The tech said happy kids make the day go better. HTH!!
I have found that they are kinder and more likely to work with you if you go in in person. It is easy to say "No" when they don't have to say it to your face. I have found that if you go in they really do pull up your acct. info. and see that you don't do this regularly. They see it with their eyes that you made a mistake. I also noticed that when you call they don't look it up they just say no. Often we you call you are talking to a cashier. They aren't paid enough to...
Well we aren't in Haiti anymore. We are in western washington. I was giving the chickens all the scraps,but now that goes to the pigs. I split the milk, whey and buttermilk between the pigs and the broiler chicks. We give the milk cow "dairy 14" while she is being milked. I want to get away from a pelletized product. I want everything organic. right now we aren't things exactly like I envisioned them. We got our milk cow because I couldn't pay the high price for raw milk...
We love the older Subaru wagons. They seat 5. We are very sad that we have outgrown ours.
We have a bit of first cutting hay. We give that to the pigs and to the milk cow when she is milked. We didn't get our pasture mowed before the hot summer sun came. Didn't know we needed to (Won't make that mistake again) We will be getting better hay for the winter for the cows. But I need to supplement the chickens this winter. The pigs are on pasture and get milk but I feel they need a bit more. Any thoughts or am I falling back into the conventional farming mentality...
we're in WA. too the blackberries are crazy!!! we bought 2 goats in may. they were just little guys we gave them a little milk supplement, bought collars ang 6ft. chains and staked them out. we put them in the barn everynight. they cleared an area out so well that dh fenced that part in and went and bought two weaner pigs. they will root up all the dirt as well as the stumps and then we can seed w/pasture mix. they definately paid for themselves. we just keep moving them....