or Connect

Posts by haitimom

I totally second the d. earth. That stuff works great!!! I buy it and put it in a line around the outside of the house. I also put an line of if in the back of all my cabinets or anyplace that I think they are coming and going from. I have been told that to roaches it is very sharp. Since roaches are supposedly very clean when they walk through it it sticks to their legs. They go home and clean themselves. So it is like ingesting razors and they die. It causes damage to...
As a little girl we lived in an od farm house, if there was a freeze warning my dad would open the cabinet doors of all the sinks on outside walls. Then when we went to bed he would plug a lamp in and set it on the floor in front of the pipes. The bulb gave off enough heat to keep everything from freezing.
Unfortunately I have some experience with this. We had a little one that loved the toliet. Ours would work great for a few flushes even up to a day. We used the plumbers snake and it would work for awhile. Then we had the linolem(sp?) replaced and checked underneath, nothing. I even have to admit to gloing up and checking from inside and underneath. I know, gross, but I was desperate. Yes you have to replace the beeswax seal if you move the toliet. The pressure is what...
I have noticed that tht price varies dependeing on what part of the country you ive in. My son was born with a cleft lip, so we will need about 3 sets of braces. Before we knew we could help from medicaid we paid $1000 for his first set when he was six. We paid 25% down and the balance was divided up over how long the treatment would take. After that set we were quoted $3500 for the next set. That was with a 10% discount. They would really work with us if he did need a...
We use the Stanley thermoses. The keep coffee hot for two days. My husband just picked up the tavel size at the Goodwill the other day. They don't have a handle. The top is a screw-in plug. It is small enough to drink out of though. He likes it because they don't leak at all when they get tipped over. They also stay hot all day. He also really likes the food jar to.
I just found a Hanna Anderson Outlet about an hour and a half from here. I have to go to Seattle anyway is it worth the detour?
What about nice thick,warm tights for under dresses? I am also looking for some little soft leather shoes. My wee one has quickly become a crawler. She is on the floor most of the time and socks aren't warm enough now. I'm looking for something super soft but durable and that will stay on wiggly little feet. Any suggestions? TIA!
I am on a search for good solid clothing for my kiddos. We are finally in a place where we are going to stay for awhile,so I can store things to pass down. In the past I always bought the cheapest things to get us through to the next stage. I am also looking for companies that make nice classic clothing. I'm sick of anything that is inspired by Hilary Duff, Hannah Montana or the Olsen twins. I want my girls to be little girls and dress appropriately for their age. If you...
I am so excited we have done so well this summer. In June we got into a house but we had NOTHING!! We were living in a borrowed travel trailer. 2 adults and 4 children. We were returning from the mission field. Anyway the local church let us rent a house they owned and the mission board rallied to help us set up housekeeping. We were greatly blessed but still had some needs, but not much money. Since June we have combed the Goodwill,Salvation Army and craig's list....
Usually I stock up on basic cuts of meat for the frezzer and bags of vegs. I also stock cases of canned veg. during caselot sales,canned tomatoes. My husband is always laid off for the winter it sucks and food gets boring. This year he is working lots of overtime so I'm storing lots of extras too. Granola bars, cereal, soda, juice. Things that I buy to add extra yum to a meal. I'm buying two or three. Lots of stuff stays fresh in the freezer. Cookies,corn chips,...