or Connect

Posts by firstkid4me

We are on base, and trying to get Emily into Crown Charter School, greatschools.org gave it a 9 out of 10 (Heritage, with their billboards saying they're the best got a 3 out of 10!) There are a few other charter schools I was looking at and going to try enrolling her in. I would love some playgroup info, Emily wants so badly to make friends. The kids at the end of the street are often not supervised and they're not very smart (they run in front of cars!) I have no...
Quote: Originally Posted by longislandmom I am in Peoria about 20 mins from the AFB. I am also in a West Valley AP group you can join when you arrive. That sounds great! (All the responses do in fact, not against driving a little.) I'm nervous about my oldest starting kindergarden next year, finding a vax-free friendly doctor, and all that goes along with moving. The move is less than 2 weeks away and while I'm eager to get out of the cold,...
Dh is in the Army, PCS means Permanent Change of Station, aka, moving.
My name is Rebecca, I'm 26 and I currently live outside of Pittsburgh. Dh is AGR Army, and we're getting ready to PCS to Phoenix. We have 2 kidlets, Emily and Lana, ages 4 and 2 respectively. We're probably going to be living on base, on Luke AFB. I hear Air Force housing is really nice. We've been approved for a 4 bedroom house because Kevin's an NCO, so I'm excited about that after living in apartments for much too long. I'm really nervous about the move because...
We're PCSing to Phoenix at the end of the month and I'm having a mini panic attack about not being able to find friends in the area.
A woman I know send me this story for her: Today I got my Kingsley's ears pierced at the Piercing Pagoda. It was supoosed to be a happy moment I wouldn't soon forget. Until after the second ear was pierced, I went to breastfeed her for her comfort. I was then told I would get in trouble for doing that and that others had gotten in trouble before. I was told by the piercer that she felt it was not her moral belief and I was asked to leave her kiosk. Although, I did tell...
Quote: Originally Posted by pixiekisses I've known for ages that the accident who Mike and Susan where in was the same that killed Dave's family, that's really old news. And it's been bugging me that Mike was reported as driver when it was actually Susan since we saw it. I thought she was drunk driving, so I'm glad they finally answered it, but it was lame. It should have been drunk driving instead. That would certainly explain her extreme guilt.
Ok, not pregnant, but I saw this and thought I'd jump in, if that's ok. I had an original due date of 2/1/05 with my oldest, and then they pushed it back to 2/14/05 after my big ultrasound. I ended up being induced on 2/9/05 for "pre-pre-eclampsia" (aka, we don't want to see you anymore, because I'd been in L&D about 4 times the month prior thinking I was in labor or leaking amniotic fluid.) With my youngest my EDD based on LMP was 10/13/07, according to dating...
Quote: Originally Posted by Full Heart Tell that to the State Health Dept that required my kids get it so they could go back to school. It was solely to "reduce transmission". Never mind that they were way past the point where it would reduce transmission. I was not "required" to get it for my 1 yr old or the 3 yr old. Just the ones in school. There are waivers that you can use for schools, you didn't have to get your kids any vaccinations...
I love this idea, it's way better than the thousands of dollars some people spend trying to get grass to grow.