or Connect

Posts by rgarlough

Synergy Family in White Bear :)
Yes I have been taking an extra 1000 mg daily but it hasn't really done enough.  
Bumping us up a little and chiming back in that I have cut down to 5-6 pumping sessions per day.  I've been trying to get rid of the during the night 2-3 am session but it is just too long between sessions most nights and I wake up from a horrible 'where's my pump' dream.  I've just about made it 7 months (on the 22nd) which seems amazing to me when I think back to how hard it was to ramp up my output but still seems so far away when I think about making it to 1 year....
Happy Easter!     I'm glad to read that BM is good for laptops cuz it is just a matter of time before I spill some on mine...   Made it to 5 months and decided to wean off my 2 am pumping session.  This momma needs some sleep!  It isn't an overnight process so some nights I'm still up pumping and I'm sure not sleeping through the night and neither is my little one.  Also cut back to about 6 pumping sessions per day now.     Trying to figure out what I'm going...
Thank you for the ovulation tip!
Congrats to you both on your pumping!  And a huge bummer on the pump burning out.  That was my worst nightmare so I went on craigslist and picked up two backups... they were pumps only which was fine since I had all the other parts and I spent a whopping $50 for two pumps.  What was super is I donated one to my stepdaughter along with some parts so she could pump for her newborn.  She made it a month... and went to formula claiming her supply dropped.  Oh well, some EBM...
No sense being paranoid anymore.  Daycare wants me to bring him and a shirt from big bro to expose the kids.  
For my first ds, I also struggled with him taking my right breast and he ended up only nursing from my left breast for almost 4 years.  So yes it can be done but it sure did a number on my breasts.  I struggled with uneven breasts and trying to get them to 'look right' which was a battle but my vanity didn't stop me from nursing exclusively for the almost four years.  Our other struggle was that he refused a bottle so I couldn't return to work as scheduled.  I had to go...
Our daycare provider asked if our 4 month old can transmit pox like as a carrier now that his older brother has pox. Without over thinking it, I said no because our baby does not have the virus yet. However, now that I've thought about how my older son got the pox finally via the tshirt method, couldn't our baby have the virus on his clothes and bring it to daycare?!?  Now I'm keeping the baby away from our older son in the AM and not allowing him to 'expose' the...
I had the same agreement with my ds years ago.  He was going to start 1/2 day kindie at Montessori school and I wanted to be done nursing by his 4th bday.  I started by explaining how the calendar works with odd and even days by putting star stickers on the days he could nurse to sleep.  I sort of bribed him with 'prizes' for the week if he did well but wasn't pushy.  The prizes weren't much... but he got to pick them out.     I knew six months would be ample time to...