or Connect

Posts by JElaineB

I don't frequent this forum, so I don't know if this is appropriate to place in Homebirths, or if it should go in Activism (if so, mods please move it). However an opinion piece was published today by an undergraduate student at The University of Iowa on the dangers of homebirth. I don't know of the validity of any of her statements, so I don't fee qualified to comment on the piece myself. But if you wish to read the piece, and/or if have any comments you may make them...
Haven't tried it but Terry Wahls is local to me so I've heard about her quite a bit. Her methods seem pretty TF to me with some tweaks (gluten-free/dairy-free). If you have MS I'd say it's worth a try.
I totally agree with this. Owing a home is a lot more expensive than renting. Even if the mortgage and the rent are similar you will spend more money each year on all the things the PP listed when you own a home. I strongly encourage you to save more and buy later when you have a lot more money saved.  
I had not been able to access MDC on Tapatalk for probably the last two weeks, on my iPod Touch both iOS 4.3 and now on iOS 5. It works fine with the other fourms I visit, but those are based on vbulliten and this one is not, so maybe that is the difference. What I just ended up doing was deleting the MDC account (only - not the entire Tapatalk app) and adding it again it - that seems to have fixed it.
    Antibiotics are allowed in poultry production in the U.S., but a number of producers have supposedly chosen not to use them. Most that don't use it will indicate "antibiotic free" on the label.   For the OP, I would recommend that you look for antibiotic-free chicken if it is available and you can afford it, if not then go with conventional chicken. Conventional lamb is generally good, if it is available and you can afford it. For beef I would avoid ground beef in...
I think any feelings you have are valid, but I think what you are dealing with here is that mothers are closer to their own daughters who have children, rather than their daughters-in-law. When I had my son, my mother flew halfway across the country to stay with me for two weeks. I had no expectation that my MIL who lived half an hour away (and who I like very much) would do anything similar (though she has helped us out with DS many many times since). Sorry about this...
double post  
I was raised Catholic but I'm not religous at all now. However, I am very sure of my spirituality. I love the quote in Trigger's signature:   I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi   Jesus certainly had it right, and although I was very anti-Bible for a long time, I have recently found out that there are "red letter Bibles" that put Jesus's words in red; the New International...
  Welcome! I personally don't like the word "obese", it's too clinical, but my doctor would certainly call me obese, in fact "mobidly obese". I just prefer to reclaim the word fat, I think it's a perfectly lovely word that has far too many negative connotations. So yes, you are certainly welcome here! And if you want to lose weight that is certainly fine, but I conceived without doctor's intervention when I was over 300 lbs. So please don't think you can't even try...
I'm going to agree with the most others and say it is not a good idea to leave your children for 2 years. No matter how you slice it I can't help but think they will feel abandoned. Yes, some fathers do that, but what kind of relationship do they have with their kids?   There have got to be other options. A college close to where you live, and online college, a more fair spousal support/child support agreement. And I agree that you should seek out any type of...