or Connect

Posts by sweetlovinmama

How about Terence from the Disney Tinkerbell movie? He's wearing a t-shirt with a kind of ripped-up vest over it and an acorn top for a hat.
Our doctor would not put my daughter in a waterproof full leg cast. They did give me an aftermarket plastic thing called DryCast, which is basically a big plastic bag that keeps the water out. My DD doesn't like it, though, because the top part that goes around her upper thigh is too tight. Maybe instead of the beach you can go to Animal Kingdom? My kids loved seeing all the animals there, the safari tours are great. Definitely do a character breakfast. There will be...
to the babylegs idea!!! The edges of our wooden furniture are all scraped up from the cast rubbing against it. I wish I had thought of that!
OH man, I sympathize! I am right now at the two week point of a DD in a full leg cast. Mine broke her femur when she was swimming. I did pull her out of school because I felt that she would have to have a caretaker looking out for her, ready to carry her to the bathroom, move her around in her wheelchair or just generally attending to her in a way that an independently moving child does not need. The school said they can accommodate us, but I chose to keep her out for the...
We've got: Maya Rose - I have loved the name Maya since I was a teenager, and Rose for the ex's Gma India Marie - India came up two days after she was born and we weren't having any luck deciding, came from Gone With the Wind. Marie is my and my mothers middle name. Future son would be Connor. Future daughter is undecided, but some beautiful names here!!
My youngest DD is 4 and a half and I just wake her up about 2 to 3 hours after she goes to bed. She will not wake herself up otherwise. We haven't been using diapers at all and I just take her before I go to bed myself. She just barely wakes up when I take her in to pee. She never wets the bed when I do this, it saves the sheets and it saves her having to wake up and get cleaned up. It took me a little while to get the timing of my bathroom run down right, before she wets...
God I wish I had this thread a year ago. So many of these feelings you all have talked about must have been my daughters and I really don't think I "got it" or was sympathetic enough. I knew there was something she was feeling that was above normal selectivity of clothing, she always said her socks felt "uncomfortable" or her shirt made her "feel uncomfortable". She did the same things with her socks for a time, she would flip out if they weren't on right, and we went...
I have so much sympathy and very few suggestions. I am in the midst of the same thing. My DD seems to be working through her issues because we've been talking about it (when she's not getting dressed, but at less stressful times of the day) a lot. What I have tried: Going through every single item of clothing with her to see what is acceptable while she's supposed to be getting dressed. She went through a stage where there was nothing acceptable, and my presence...
BabyBug, I am loving your suggestions and have already exercised some of them. As much knowledge as you can give, please do. This thread has just been so incredibly timely for my family and my realization of what's happening with the girls. For me, it's really hard to understand bullying without getting to the root of it. I have seen children excluding others at a very young age. I am a complete This American Life addict and I very recently heard this episode called...
So by opening up a dialogue with my DD about the relationships she has with people in her class and some of the things they say to each other, she has continuously identified one girl who is "mean". There is no physical bullying at all, only nasty remarks. My mother, who volunteers in the classroom one day a week said that this child is indeed mean, and she she is pretty constantly mean to everyone. Does this count as bullying? I think that it's hard do deal with because...