or Connect

Posts by cdmaze

OMG, I'm such a geek- I just saw the runner's thread....sorry, guys. I'm tired and didn't read before I wrote!
I am not sure if it will work out for me to actually run this race, but my hubby is running it with Team in Training (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's charity team). I'm so proud of him, and though I can't attend the team workouts with him (someone has to watch our kids!), I'm trying to keep up so I can enter with him. It's Seattle's Rock and Roll Marathon and Half Marathon. I also want to run California International Marathon as well as New York. My dad is an...
I'm so glad to hear other moms are writing!!! I'm in need of energy to write. I'm an artist and I'm trying to finsih some sketchs today for a client. But I want to write!!! Agh! Erin, I'm so jealous of your 5 day writing retreat! That sound AMAZING! I am so nervous to have anyone read my writing, but yet, I know thats the only way I'll ever know if I can do it. It's hard- I'm so critical of my artwork, and now I'm carrying that into my writing. Yikes.
Thats my biggest problem!!! I'm always saying things like "She took off her shoes and left them in the kitchen because she was too tired to put them away like she usually does." BORING!!! So, now I'm trying to go back and fix all those lame sentences that don't evoke ANY imagination. I'd love to go to a seminar or conference. I went to a write-in once, it was cool. But it was more about word-count and sheer volume than actual writing skill.
Its true, I've probably gotten a little lazy in my "old age" (lol). I'm sure I just need to keep on her- keep my house picked up to minimize temptation and just try to relax. Thanks, guys...
I'm re-writing right now. I've been doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, nanowrimo.org) for the last two years. It's been great. My first novel was pretty bad, but I love the story and hope to re-do it this fall. But right now I'm working on the novel I wrote for last Novembers NaNo contest. I'm totally re-working, and I believe in my story. I'm a total amature, I haven't a clue if I can even do this well enough to EVER get published, but I enjoy it...
She seems to be getting worse- at least this week, lol. I'm pretty laid back as a mom, but I feel like all I do is clean after her. I dont mind her making mud soup or stuff like that AT ALL, I love to see that. But, it HAS been raining here for almost 2 weeks, it seems, so maybe she's just bored? I let her take long baths, with lots of bowls, spoons, spray bottles, funnels, etc. Thats usually enough for her. The food thing is frustrating because she wastes so much...
My daughter is 2 1/2 and still dumping. I actually posted about it in the Gentle Discipline forum- it's gone beyond dumping now. Good news is, my first two kids did it from 18 mo. to about 2 year then stopped.
What I mean by destroying is- mashing, dumping, pouring, ripping up everything. Making a disaster of even the simple things. Now, I am not the kind of mom who freaks out when my kids track mud in the house, or even when they spill paint on the rug. Half the time my kids get out of the house with two different shoes and bed heads. And this is my 3rd child... I know kids... But for example- today alone: She smashed every piece of a tangerine on the kitchen floor....
I havent seen the trailer but as a TOTAL Kirk/Spock fan, I am stoked.