or Connect

Posts by jchawkes

I said after I had my twins that I was going to write one b/c I couldn't find any either. I just used Dr. Sears' books about having babies and would insert the word twins in there where appropriate.
you should ask them what they think about triandem nursing. 1 yr old twins and a 3.5 yr old
If anyone happens to live in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex and wants an inflatable one, I have one. I've been trying to get rid of it!
another vote for the Valco Twin Trimode. I spent a lot of time comparing it and the MBUD, but ended up with the Valco. I have a 3.5 yr old son in addition to my 1yr old twins, and I don't have the toddler seat. The Valco has a huge kickplate at the front of it, and my older son just hops on and off when he wants to ride. I had the Joovy Big Caboose for about 2 days, then I saw how long it was, and I took it back. The Valco is certainly heavy, but I think it's...
I have a Valco Twin Trimode, and while I find it aesthetically appealing, it is the heaviest thing I've ever had. I think it weighs about 45 lbs. Without children in it. I do love it though, if you go walking a lot. Or running. I have a Suburban, and I have a very hard time getting it in the back of my car. I am lusting a Maclaren Twin.
Quote: Originally Posted by 2+twins But you don't have to thread the straps either way! If you put the front baby on first, you simply put the straps for the back carry over your shoulders, back down to your waist, and wrap around. Here's what I mean. This is what I had been envisioning in my head, but hadn't set out to try it yet. That's why I didn't understand about the back baby first. But, I totally get that it's easier to do the more...
Quote: Originally Posted by vanauken I've really enjoyed using a double mei-tei carry. You need two mei-teis (also called ABC's, or Asian Baby Carriers), and you wear one on front and one on back. Put the one on back first (just follow the normal instructions for a mei-tei back carry). Then tie the waistband for the front meitai, pick up the baby and position her, and then comes the tricky part . . . you'll need to thread the straps of the front...
I love Cracker Barrel! What a great story!
Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all the info-I am glad to know that at least one person has used the Joovy and liked it. I agree that anything I buy to handle 3 kiddo's will be heavy and a little difficult to maneuver. And I do plan on wearing them as much as possible, but I know I will have situations where I will need this type of stroller. I welcome anymore suggestions! I did find out today that I am having identical twin boys, so at least the red/black...
I have a question about what stroller is best for my situation. I have a 2 yr old son and am preg with twins due in early May. I have found this stroller: http://joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php I think it will work best for my situation, since I can use it both for my newborns and when they get to be toddlers, in addition to my older son. But, I have a friend who has another type of Joovy and she doesn't care for it. Anyone have experience with it? Or can...