or Connect

Posts by Devi

Quote: Originally Posted by judejude Well, although your dd has OCD there is also a cross over between OCD and Terrette's (sp?). The problem with these diagnosis is that so many of them overlap. Many or most kids with tourettes (sp?) have OCD. Since tourettes has more to do with being compelled to do things like ticks and such, or spitting, etc. and less about yelling out things like the stereotype. I think OCD overlaps with SID as well. There is so...
Could your daughter have some OCD issues? Does she have any eye blinking, throat clearing, anything that could be tics? Do you have any tic disorders in your family? I ask because my daughter has compulsions related to OCD and her behavior sounds somewhat similar? For example, my dd hits her own head when she hears words she doesn't like. She also has some sensory issues. However, I'm certain it could be a number of things in regard to your dd. Just tossing that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jessee Hi there, I am Jessee, I have 4 Children with special needs, I also have many diagnosis of different kinds. Peace, Jessee Welcome Jesse, some experts think many of these neuro issues are related. I was told by a local neurology expert that bipolar is an iffy dx in kids, especially with ADHD, and I tend to agree, but that's just my .01 I too have a dd with TS, and I am certain that I could add to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by momofcutie Well, I've had both types of auditory hallucinations. I've "heard" music late at night and I couldn't find the source. It bothered me so much (and I couldn't go to sleep with this music "on") that I was asking my husband over and over, "Don't you hear that?! Come on, are you sure you don't hear anything? Open the window and see if you hear something." That definitely sounded like it was real and I was hearing...
Quote: Originally Posted by momofcutie I have OCD (since childhood) and I'm bipolar (since adolescence). I've had both the very disturbing thoughts of OCD and before I was correctly diagnosed and treated for bipolar, I had auditory hallucinations. The two were very different. I was thinking as I read through the posts, that a young child might not be able to explain the difference between the mean thoughts and a voice saying mean things, if they both...
My child has had help from her OCD symptoms from CBT and smallish doses of Inositol. The inositol seems to take the edge off so that we can work on OCD with "CBT." My child is 8 years old and takes about 1gm daily in power form. It's very inexpensive and mixes beautifully with juice or milk. Editing to add - Good/inexpensive source of vitamins: http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.as...&CPID=670&np=1 Here is some basic information: INOSITOL - After several discussions...
Quote: Originally Posted by my~hearts~light Thanks for the links Devi. She's on a pretty good set of supplements already. She swallows pills pretty well so that helps. We use Micheals kids multi and she takes an EFA blend, C, GSE, B complex, probiotic and a few other things as needed. She's not a good eater AT ALL so I try to keep her on the supps always. OL, thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Abilify seems to work similarly but without as...
Quote: Originally Posted by my~hearts~light Well, we're back. We talked about it and decided to start her on Zoloft to treat the OCD. I'm sure she has OCD, I'm just not sure if that's all there is to it. I don't know if I mentioned it or not but this isn't imaginary friend type stuff. This voice only tells her bad things. Mostly about hurting other people seriously. It really scares her and makes her feel awful. So, we go back in 3 weeks to see if it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by my~hearts~light I've thought alot about it. I'm not sure. What your saying sounds like what I thought too. She says she hears a mans voice, a whisper. She thought it was someone in her room hiding for a while. She says it kind of sounds like my brother but kind of sounds like an evil wizard. Kids.. I told her that we couldn't hear it and she said she thought she knew that but wasn't sure. I may ask her about the ears thing....
Quote: Originally Posted by my~hearts~light No, she has a lot of intrusive thoughts and hears a voice sometimes. She realizes that she's the only one who can hear it and says that it consistently only says horrible violent things. So, that sucks. We're considering Abilify and Serequel. I'll post after her appt tomorrow. The only thing I'd be mindful of is that kids sometimes describe their thoughts as voices. In fact, I am reading a book on...